Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Theres always 1.. i'm him
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an Acumen gear indicator cheap....are they handy to wire in..anyone fitted one..:eek:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi,

sorry to say that I don´t have any experience with it. But I am keen to know.

What I heard is, that these indicators are a bit slow. Please let´s know after you connected it.

Dirk

·
1,841 Posts
Hi, I have one on my RS. Laurence is the man to advise you on wiring. The wiring colours on my rs were not as the manual I used laurences tre method.
The gear indicator is a bit slow,but is still useful.

·
1,841 Posts
The way they work means that if you are not reving much then they can take a second or 2 to decide what gear you are in. If you are reving high then it is quite fast. the video is me and if you look carefully you can see it change 1st to 2nd (but i did scream it) It can also be slow when changing down,as the slipper clutch changes the revs in relation to the wheel speed and therefore confuses it. It is useful to me as I glance and see what gear i am in before i brake and change down for junctions etc..
colin..

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Managed to fit it yesterday..now just need to wire it in...:confused:

·
Registered
136 Posts
You've done a good job mounting the indicator, looks very clean!:)
I have one fitted to my R1 and i miss it on the Nelli.....will have to invest i think!:)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
There's a post on the old Forum on how to wire it up matey

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx Laurence...i'll do that tomorrow..:clap:

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers ;) .....just a old piece of 5mm ally i had lyin around, tried various (cardboard) shapes before deciding on that one....trimmed , polished and stuck a piece of carbon effect on...siliconed the indicator into the hole, stuck a bracket on the back and fixed it to the plastic trim piece thats held on by the visible allen screw, the screw/hole is not visible if i remove the indicator as its up behind the clock....did you get all that....:eek:

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
hmmm i've wanted 1 since i got my rs cos i can never really tell what gear i'm in probabaly cos i'm not used to it yet, but now i've seen 1 mounted nicely i think i may have to purchase 1 :D :D

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After taking off the screen/clocks to get access to the wiring i came across this......it was wrapped around the violet wire..is it stock or what is it for....:confused:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Pat, The block is a ferrite magnet which helps to reduce high frequency noise in the data signal going to the clocks

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah..thats what iwas thinkin....:blur: ....job done..Thanx for all the help...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Looks really good!

Please keep us up to date if you are satisfied with the speed of the display. Maybe I have to get one by myself ;)

Dirk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts