Benelli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I'd get a new rubber for my RS gear lever, or do I need to buy the lever also?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I think you have to buy the lever.:( It will happen again, though, so you would be wasting your money. Either remove it and clean the lever up, or I believe there was a post some while ago regarding rubbering it up yourself, if you see what I mean.
A search may find the post/thread, or someone may post up a link dreckly;)

Cheers
Ian

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Ian, might just do as you suggest and ditch the rubber ;)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
common fault on all those levers that after about five hundred miles it wears off the corner with use . someone thought of a rubber solution that you dip the lever in .

·
Registered
346 Posts
Mine split (but was still hanging on) at the end too with barely any mileage on it, I used some super glue and its still there at 2000+miles. I assume the dipping method is similar to the stuff used for pliers or tool handles?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
A new lever is currently around £75 from Motogb, not sure if they suffer the same fate as the old ones, Ive done the glue trick, seems OK but its not perfect, Steve.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Mines ok after 2200 miles, but it really hurts my toe changing gear after a long rideout. Leavers looks like the end of a knife:( .
I may get some stiffer boots or try and find something at an auto jumble to go on it.:confused:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Mine came off pritty early took it totally off cleaned all the edges with Dick emery paper. nice and smooth feels better on the boot:clap: Nearly done 22k now and the Gearbox just seems to be getting better and smoother as time goes by.:clap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts