Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello !! what oil you recommend benelli??? i use motorex 20/50w ..and it seems it"s too heavy in here finland.?? weather is here this time(november) +5...+15c .it seems that when weather is colder and colder.... gears don`t work well.moment ago i take a little spin and gear 1 and 2 find only >: >: is my oil OK or have i litle problem in my TNT trasmission??? my englis sucs but i hope you understand me:eek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
enskaTNT I run 10/40 morris sport semi synthetic and the gearbox is super smooth.......... after about 2500miles (4023km) I do notice a little trouble getting neutral but it goes after a service.
if your saying that the gear selection problem is worse when cold it does sound like an oil viscosity symptom maybe you could try a 5/30 weight oil for the winter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TNT

ok !! summer is over and my TNT is winter sleep now i"drove my cafe 13100km and it work well..few litle problems only..brocken bracet in devill can and this litle gear problem now. i chance oils 10/40w but it did not work. (shifter problem) all gears found but it dont work well,so it"s service now. (nothing heating and starting problems) i think now winter time i litle pimp it with carbon parts..(maniac motors have now new parts). i have one big guestion should i but powercommander????? what difference it make?? more horsepower? smoother? t.E

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which oil?

I was told to use 15/50 and was recommended to use Silkolene,so that is what i have fitted in both my bikes.
Someone said they thought that was what was in the handbook.
In a colder climate though i would use 10/40.
Zebo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: TNT

enskaTNT, the power commander is mainly fitted to help smooth out the problems found with most fuel injected bikes where the maps have been designed to meet tough emission laws and the engine "lags" or is jerky on initial acceleration (a classic example is the new fazer 1000)……………… a power commander does not affect the top end (full throttle) but does smooth out the low/midrange problems and can sometimes produce a few more horses due to being able to re-map on the lower/mid throttle openings.
there are other units out there that will do the same (and possibly more) as the power commander but i have only played with the pcm range.

·
Registered
29 Posts
gear problem FIXED !!

problem was, that stefa was hardened(too tight) on gear axle(gear lever axle?)it was so sensitive, at problem was only gold weather but when air was warm problem was disappeart :doh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts