Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i'm new on here but have been taking a look for last couple of weeks when i decided to buy a new tornado rs. I got the bike delivered Friday 22nd and bugger me i was on 12hr days for next 2 days so couldn't ride it. I went out on it Sun night and did about 30 miles, on pulling into the garage for petrol i came to start and had problems. i initially thought it was alarm but then realised when i took side stand off i got power however the bike is stuck in either 2nd or 3rd gear. I'm gutted and have today tried to get in touch with dealer but think they are closed for the hol. I'm not looking for blame etc just any experience any of you guys may have had and any suggestions would be greatly recieved. PAP:doh:

·
Registered
403 Posts
welcome

Many others may know, but from what I know or have heard, that the gearboxes are bullet proof.
But, others may ber able to help you out

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya lads. I'm from Rotherham. Yes another yorkshire man :) Got the bike from Bennetts. I hope you are right about being a minor problem. I'm gutted today. wanted to go out to play. i'm sat here watchin BSB. Hey Walker is doing good. . .come on Stalker lol. Dealer must be closed today tried ringing. Thanks for your comments i do hope its a minor thing as the bike is bloody gorgeous :D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hi matey welcome to the forum. If u bought from Bennetts u r in good hands

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Hi there , Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear of your minor glitch ,The shop is shut for the Bank Holiday but sure russ can expect a call from yourself regarding your RS . I presume it was one of the pre owned bikes he had in recently that had just been sold. Buying from Bennetts will certainly see yourself in good hands as said by Colin (Borat). Hope you get to enjoy your RS to the Max :D

ps. by the way its a cassette gearbox so is a much better one than used on most other bikes and its not common for a fault to occur and once sorted i'm sure you'lll enjoy your RS fully :)

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
welcome fellow rs owner :clap: like everyone else has said bennetts will sort it for you!!!!! may see you flying about on it as i'm from the otherside of the M1 in sheffield :D :D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Was it the red RS I saw there a month ago?
Welcome aboard and good luck, I'm also sure it will be sorted by the Russ-meister :)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Just a thought i can let russ know of your problem by text so he will be aware of your call over the next day or so.

A red RS mmmm sound's nice - there getting popular !!:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi angledangle. It is a new one not pre owned one so i'm concerned. It would be good of you to text russ if you can mate. I'm on nights tonight and don't get home till 6 in morning but plan to get up early. :bow:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Rotten luck there fella.....reading your 1st post it is not clear that you got it home, but assuming you did you're saying it was stuck in gear the whole ride home? If so have you tried the gear linkage to make sure it is not jammed - on mine when new the linkage bolt actually fell off, which had a similar effect except the gearchange was floppy so obvious something had gone south.
Sure Russ will know what to do so good luck and hope the weather is good for you.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
now re reading your post it saying new i realised its a new one :doh: i did think the same earlier that was it an incorrectly adjusted linkage or an actual gearbox issue , have to say if a brand new one you are in a very much stronger position than ever and know you wont be let down on this matter .

·
Registered
403 Posts
A newie

Not being a sap here, but I would also be very dissapointed if that was my new one, as long as they stand by you you should be right
But not good

·
5,934 Posts
.. on pulling into the garage for petrol i came to start and had problems. i initially thought it was alarm but then realised when i took side stand off i got power however the bike is stuck in either 2nd or 3rd gear
Firstly, welcome to our little band of diehards :bow:

As to your gearbox problem, check for free play in the lever.
Could be the return spring in the shift mechanism. Mine broke at 43,000 km, which made it impossible to select another gear, without manually moving the lever back to the central position. To get moving again, I fabricated one out of an old bed spring, then ordered a new one.

Alternatively, there's a pin that centralises the return spring, that has worked loose on another bike. This is easily tapped back into position.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I had similar prob with my Nelli on 1400mls
It was the gear lever not returning to its mid position - it was stuck in a lower position !!
I managed to get this going by physically moving the lever back up to mid position.
Not sure if what you have is the same - but worth a try (I managed 300 mls before taking it in to get fixed !!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great news Russ. :bow: Thanks and looking forward to getting her back. Next trip will be to Hull to DRS on Thursday to have her lowered cos i'm a short arse :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts