Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gearbox is making loud whining noises in second and third gear has any body on here ever had gearbox probs. I suppose this will cost an arm and a leg to fix. I wonder if the gearbox out of a tnt will fit as my CR gearbox is beautiful to use and finding neautral is so easy. Any help or advice appreciated

·
5,934 Posts
How's your oil level? If that's ok, you probably should remove the box and take a look. It's pretty easy to do.
If you do, you should consider replacing the existing allen head bolts for standard ones - with larger heads. The key will be stronger, & there's less likelihood of damaging the head.

You still heading east? Bring it over. I'll open her up for you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How's your oil level? If that's ok, you probably should remove the box and take a look. It's pretty easy to do.
If you do, you should consider replacing the existing allen head bolts for standard ones - with larger heads. The key will be stronger, & there's less likelihood of damaging the head.

You still heading east? Bring it over. I'll open her up for you.
Hi Errol can't get over this time home but will be over next break and i will bring both bikes will let you know as soon as i know when my next break is and thanks for the offer of help i have the z25 gear timing chain and associated parts i will bring them with me Cheers mate

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Errol dying to catch bup with you and the oil level is good the sound from the gearbox is like the whine in a car diff and only whines in second and third gear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts