Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at changing the seats on my bikes and was wondering if they become much softer/more supportive .etc ,well they cant get any harder. and is this a worth while investment ? spoke to lics who have done a few of these and seem reasonable at 250 with gel and leather with piping .

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Depends if you want a permanent fixture or not.. I have tried a gel seat on a previous bike and didnt find it that much more comfortable, but some people like them. I have instead invested in an Air Hawk which you can get from yankeeland for about £100 delivered. I will tell you after Rogart how effective it is, but another forum member has used one for european touring on a Tornado and swears by it.

·
Old Member
61 Posts
gel seat

I had my seat done by a company called P and P in Birmingham, who added 1/2" of foam and a new cover, (grippier) for a £100.
Made hell of a difference.
Did 700 plus miles in two days across France/Spain and could not sit down on the original, and still had three days to go.
Rode back down the A3 from Portsmouth by hanging of one side of the bike with my bum in a cool breeze. (honest officer).
See P and P website for details.:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
hi richard
i used lic,s for the seat on my trek and they did a fantastic job , gel pad all over even the wife says is it,s great, you can see it on my picture gallery
cheers forby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts