Benelli Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 900 Tre has been in garage during the Danish winter and I just recharged the very weak battery - fully charged. Now I cannot get the Gemel alarm to work. Specifically nothing happens when I push the remote to de-activate the alarm. When I turn the ignition key the alarm goes off (very loud) but again I cannot de-activate the alarm with the remote. I have replaced the battery in the remote but that does not solve the problem.

Any advise on how to trouble shoot this issue will be much appreciated?

A frustrated Dane

·
Registered
743 Posts
My 900 Tre has been in garage during the Danish winter and I just recharged the very weak battery - fully charged. Now I cannot get the Gemel alarm to work. Specifically nothing happens when I push the remote to de-activate the alarm. When I turn the ignition key the alarm goes off (very loud) but again I cannot de-activate the alarm with the remote. I have replaced the battery in the remote but that does not solve the problem.

A frustrated Dane
Hi Stefan ,it sounds like your remote has gone out of sync with the alarm,you could try holding down both buttons on the remote together for about 10 seconds,this works with cobra and some other alarms,not
Sure about gemel though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi DenH, thanks. I have tried that for +30 sec but doesn't help. The remote also has just 1 button but I guess that makes no difference to the proposal.
IMG_2668.jpg

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi DenH, thanks. I have tried that for +30 sec but doesn't help. The remote also has just 1 button but I guess that makes no difference to the proposal.
View attachment 36743
Ok try disconnecting the battery then reconnect while holding down remote button.

·
Registered
909 Posts

A frustrated Dane
Try changing the battery in the key fob. Is it sending a signal to the alarm ?
If the alarm goes off with the ignition switch but the key has no response to the powered alarm , check the fob and the battery , and the connections with the fob terminals .
Had one fail , having clearing the alarm, start the bike, ride 50 miles, parked it up . Return to the bike and the fob will not "talk " to the bike. New battery in the fob , and normal service resumed

·
Registered
190 Posts
My fob battery failed in England when I was on my way home from trip to France. It was my third breakdown call out on that trip (and I got all my money back later as one call out took 6 hours to find me). Not on Benelli it was ZZR1400. As it was late at night AA said I would have to pay £50 to get the battery as it was a call out charge to get the supplier to open up warehouse. I said I've got relay cover to get me back home so get me a battery or take me home, your call. They agreed to pay the fee and got me a battery. I carry a spare battery now.

·
Registered
833 Posts
My opinion with alarms is KILL them, get it stripped out as soon as they are nowt but bother and no body seems to take much notice of them. My opinion only.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok try disconnecting the battery then reconnect while holding down remote button.
Hi DenH, disconneting / reconnecting the battery did not solve the issue. Still cannot de-activate the alarm with the remote. Any other ideas are much welcome...?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi DenH, disconneting / reconnecting the battery did not solve the issue. Still cannot de-activate the alarm with the remote. Any other ideas are much welcome...?
I would remove it,ron d is right ,remove it ,I fitted them a few years ago, I used cobra and spyball,
Never had problems with them but as for the rest of them 😝

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have called for a mechanic to look at the alarm problem. I have to see what he concludes ...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have called for a mechanic to look at the alarm problem. I have to see what he concludes ...
Same happened to me and I went through all of the above several times.. my fault ..in a way!! I left it on trickle charge from the optimate over winter but did not realise one of the wires coming out of the optimate had broken . So the bike was sat all winter draining the battery while I was thinking it was being looked after by the optimate. I ended up getting the bike alarm man out and putting a new alarm on it as the old alarm had just closed down and deleted its memory loosing its code. £300 ish lesson learnt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Ernie, thanks for sharing. I didn't even charge the battery during winter and maybe the problem I experience is the reverse....

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Gemels are easy to remove, heard lots of owners had problems, just 2 pins to loop out and you're sorted.

I'll try and post the link to my old post about it tomorrow, think I sold the looping block to someone on here years ago but as stated, it's a very easy fixand save a lot of migraines.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Look at the 6th post, this is the Blanking tool for the alarm/immobiliser plug. Just get some small female spades and loop out where indicated (view on a PC or zoom in the the Pin co-ordinates, can't go wrong.

You will however have to use a soldering iron the break open the alarm casing as it uses reverse head security screws to clamp shut around the loom plug, melt the plastic away where the screw are carefully to remove the case clamp then simply unplug and remove.

Note to tape shut the fairing removal sensor under the air intake on the RH upper fairing if starting the bike with the fairing off, the plunger needs to be taped down as pushed in.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts