Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quickie lads,

Have any of you managed to get a smaller number plate on the tre yet? I just realised that looking at the back of the bike the number plate is just a tad big and would look far better with a smaller (show;) ) plate on it. I was considering just hacking the bottom half of the mount off at the back to do this. Any ideas?

Al;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's my attempt. U can just see the reworked indicator lamp (just about-- its one of these chrome covered lamps) in the left fan duct at about ten-o'clock...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a bloody tidy job you've made of that Mitch although I take it there is no number plate light anymore? I can't see the indicators through the fan duct:( but I have to say that it does make the bike look far more sporty and aggresive:smokin

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
show plates

I run a 7" x 5" show plate (or it might be 7.5" by 5.5", can't remember) that just comes to the bottom of the triangular bit on the number plate support. The hanging down reflector bit has been trimmed with a hack saw. Depends how small you want to go, but this looks OK to me (not as neat as Mitch's though...). Never had any trouble with Mr. Plod with this set up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: show plates

I've had my collar felt by plod; but due to the way I was riding rather than what I was riding. But I'm living in Europe on a UK bike & plod here don't know an illegal number plate from a legal number plate from a hole in the ground. So I get away with murder....which is nice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: show plates

Mitch, any chance of some close up piccies of these mods that you've done matey?;)

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts