Benelli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
The above bike is currently on sale for what appear to be a bit of a bargain at 3k! Now it’s not turned a wheel since 2018 so will need a battery, a good service, likely tyres and a generally good clean up but doesn’t anyone know anything about the bike. Specifically if it had its recalls!
It looks like it was used regularly until 2018 so I’m hoping the big bits are taken care of.
I should have bought one a few years ago but didn’t really have the funds at the time. Prices are strong now but this might be a good option as I don’t mind getting the spanners out!

anyone know the bike?
Matt

·
Registered
172 Posts
Saw that for sale. Looking at pictures fairings are damaged and not fitting correctly. Clocks are cracked and non standard mirrors fitted. I always wonder what is under extra stickers? At least you get mounts for a go pro included. Good luck if you go for it,

·
Registered
389 Posts
What's the VIN?
Hi All,
The above bike is currently on sale for what appear to be a bit of a bargain at 3k! Now it’s not turned a wheel since 2018 so will need a battery, a good service, likely tyres and a generally good clean up but doesn’t anyone know anything about the bike. Specifically if it had its recalls!
It looks like it was used regularly until 2018 so I’m hoping the big bits are taken care of.
I should have bought one a few years ago but didn’t really have the funds at the time. Prices are strong now but this might be a good option as I don’t mind getting the spanners out!

anyone know the bike?
Matt
Mine's prefixed GN54 out of Red Dog in Kent. Southern Importers were Three Cross who had a good name with some cross-over in staff to Moto Corsa (also good).
Suggest ring around a bit for info plus MotoGB for their database (incomplete).
Investigate its life from number plate clues, paperwork and MOT history to see where it's been.
Errol's bible > Engenia's Benelli Tornado Novocentro Tre
PS. I seem to remember red are 2003

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So although there is a lot of history there is no evidence of any of the recalls being done - Its not for me! Thanks everyone for the input.

·
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you give me the VIN I may have a record of it, if previous owners have given it to me. Or you could look yourself - http://engenia.com.au/01_General/02_Recalls/RecallStatus.html
Plus the punch at the right hand end VIN sticker. And also a single punch denotes KJM have inspected/done the Z25, whereas MotoGB punched twice, on the camchain tensioner housing flat. Moto Corsa also inspect as a matter of course too. The other is to pop the clutch cover off to inspect the surface of the gear i.e. cast OE and machined 'recall'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts