Benelli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have recently acquired one of these fine machines. BAHAHAHA! ... it's not too bad.... :D My question for the day, though, is - what alarm systems do you people use? besides the ubiquitous half-starved Dobermans... Much appreciated. going to go ride my new toy, i think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alarms

I've got a Datatool System 4 on mine...great alarm

Just dont loose both key fobs on the way home...like I did!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Alarms

I had an abletronics absolute protec fitted to my last bike and I thought that was great. I was quoted a discount of £10 on my insurance if I spent £400 on an alarm/immobiliser for the tre:eek >: Needless to say, I never bothered:b

Al

And welcome to the forums buddy;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info, guys. I noticed there are a few other aussies posting on here. awesome stuff! :D and how did you loose both keys... i bet that made for a fun day. thanks al, a pleasure to be here. how's your bike going?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bah, that sucks. :( where do you get all your performance goodies, i.e. carbon huggers, mudguards... etc... ? know of anywhere in australia?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought of an alarm/immobiliser but like Al i reckon the £350/400 to save £25 on my premium wasn't the greatest deal on earth + i never let my bikes out of my sight (work 6days-go for a blast n come home!)
Also occurred to me that another electrical thing hard wired into the loom was probably just asking for trouble.
Welcome to the forum by the way-i joined last night too-more the merrier.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi there, I've got a META 357 alarm and immobilizer fitted to my RS. It was fitted by the dealer for £250.
Makes a big difference to my insurance as I am on a delegated rider scheme which only cost me £260 fully comp for the year!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in rockhampton, but i frequent the brisbane area. I work out of town for 7 days at a time, so the bike is home alone. needless to say, it is in a garage, and chained to a pole cemented into the ground, as well as guard dogs. :D i'm not after the alarm system for insurance purposes, but if it helps, hey. i'm not 25 yet, so they are stinging me for insurance. I was looking at one of those alarm systems that sms your phone, but i'm not sure where you would put it on the benelli, it's fairly large. certainly not under either seat.

I am definately in love with this bike, though. 2400k already, just about broken in. haven't been babying it though. :D it sticks to the road around fast corners, like nothing. 200+ man, it's sweet. It is, literally, the talk of the town. when i took it in to get serviced, they said they had been hearing about a benelli cruising around town from their customers. BAHAHAHAH.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi

Welcome to the 'club' rapid TRE900

The Abletronics Protec that Al mentioned plugs directly into the alarm socket on the TRE so you don't have to break into the wiring loom. It's actually a rebaged Gemel e587T-B which is the Benelli recommended alarm.
See:-
www.metasystem.co.uk/inde...w/full/566

Gemel is part of the Meta Group of companies and this unit is almost identical to the Meta 357 in features and operation,
It's a bit more expensive than the Meta but you do get some additional insurance protection if you buy it from ITM and get them to fit it
see:-

www.motorcyclesecurity.co.uk/

or if you are not bothered about having it fitted by a certified installer you can save yourself a few bob if you buy it as a 'supply only' item
see:-

www.motorcyclesecurity.co..._Sale.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Hi

awesome man, thanks for the info. don't suppose they'd fly someone over to oz to install it? :b

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Security

Hi, have not bothered with electronic alarm, as my bike is locked up at home & work + my insurance premium is pretty good by Aussie standards. For other times, decided to buy a Xena audible alarm disc brake lock for about AUS$55, together with an orange 'reminder' high visibility lanyard. After having problems with 2 locks with false alarms, the current one works a treat & the little case for carrying stows neatly on the left hand pillion peg bracket.

Now up to 2500kms on the bike & having an absolute ball. Still need clutch basket & actuator lever done + 6033 mapping etc., but due soon I hope.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Key Fobs

Moving away from the more serious nature of this thread to answer the initial question of loosing key fobs.

I had just picked it up new from the dealer, both immobilser fobs were on the same keyring, in the same pocket. Riding home, pocket obviously came undone, fobs obviously dropped out.
Stopped for fuel, heard alarm arm as I was paying, couldn't find fobs, swore......lots.

Had to get alarm off and send it back to manufacturers to get it reset with new fobs. 2 weeks and £90 later. One woking bike.....until Benellis build 'quality' started to show

Bike is now off the road waiting for dealers (Taz) to get the tool to tighten head bearings...which I find strange as I believe head bearings are meant to be checked as part of a 1st service .... doesnt inspire confidence in an official dealer does it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts