1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
Who`s going to Goodwood Breakfast this sunday????:hiya: :hiya: :hiya:
Where do we want to meet??
Good place to meet would be McDonalds Petersfield then down the A272 to Midhurst then A 286 to Singleton then Town Lane from there to Goodwood estate.
I live local so I dont mind where we meet.
A 272 is a Police hot spot especially on Sundays:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
The Breakfast Club is open from 08:30 to 12 noon on the first Sunday of every month 01/04/2007 'Forza Italia – Italian brio – from scooters to supercars'
Any Italian-built vehicle welcome, from Lambretta to Lamborghini
On arrival at the Goodwood Motor Circuit, enter via the main gate and
turn left immediately.
The Vitra Café is the building is 100 metres along the road.
There will be the local "Ducati Sporting Club" boys down there as well who are a nice bunch of guys
Maybe I`ll ask where they are meeting up??

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah but

I hope to be there, and yes its 'weather permitting' but heading in from the West.

Anyone in Dorset I would be happy to meet at 3X showroom 7.30-8.00

or alternatively Wilts Dorset Hants at

Ower services of the M27 near Romsey at 8.00 - 8.30

or

Rownhams service M27

or

suggestions?

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Fixing my problems with the froint brakes dependant I will be there, I'll get online once I figure out whether I have fixed them or not to let you know either way, If your heading along the A31/M27, we could meet up, then head up through the Meon Valley and along the A272 to meet up at Petersfield then ride down to Goodwood.

The weather forecast is saying dry but overcast at the moment, so should be a nice morning.

Andy

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not to be upstaged...

I see my old friends at the Monster Owners Club are amassing troops as we speak. I think they are aimimg to get there by 10.00

Well I'm having none of that, I'll be there for breakfast, not brunch. So II'll see anyone there.

Oh and congratulations are in order, I had my first high temperature cut out today.......

·
903 Posts
Goodwood

:p

Colintornado and I could be there Sunday weather permitting. I am going to ride my cruiser as the seat is low down and will not put too much stress on my leg & hip. We look forward to seeing you all there.

Due to the distance we have to travel we might not get there early, anyone got a suggestion on were we can meet up at Goodwood?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK,
Who wants to meet and ride to Goodwood tomorrow from the Mcdonalds on the A3/A272 juntion.:hiya: :hiya:
I`ll be there for 08.00hrs drinking coffee:clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
OK,
Who wants to meet and ride to Goodwood tomorrow from the Mcdonalds on the A3/A272 juntion.:hiya: :hiya:
I`ll be there for 08.00hrs drinking coffee:clap: :clap:

Dave, my brakes weren't sorted as we discussed on the phone. I took th bike for a spin, unfortunaely, once you get a bit of momentum up they just don't dtop you in time, therefoe I am not really to confident about throwing this thing around the A roads down to Goodwood. I may (if my cold doesn't get any worse) head straight along the M27/A27 as it will be a straight and major road and I can cover the back brake to scrub some speed off, but I'l let you know in the Morning. I am pee'd off as I wanted to meet up with Lloyd and yourself again!

The bike is being dropped off at Spike Island in Eastleigh next Saturday so they can use a pressure vacuum thingie (don't ask me!) to sort the brakes out, only gonna cost £17.50!:clap:

Andy

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
They seem okay at slow speeds, but I had to be really careful on the M27, good job it was so windy - that helped to slow me down!

Andy

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good day out at Goodwood Circuit toay and nice to now be able to put names to faces:hiya:Lloyd :hiya:Colin :hiya:Keith :hiya: Zebo & his good lady:hiya: :hiya:
(Zebo post for you in the TNT section.)
Hope you all had a good ride home as I did........................took the long route as it turned out nice and warm.
Will put up some pics tomorrow.

Andy......hope your "MAN FLU" gets better soon and you get you`re brakes sorted
Dave

·
903 Posts
What a great day out!

:D :D :D

What a great day out at Goodwood, Colin and I left about 8.30 and got there by 10.00. Weather cloudy to start with then turned to brilliant sunshine! Colin was frozen:eek: but I was toasty warm as I was on my cruiser with a large screen keeping the wind off me!:jig: We travelled along the A285 & the A272, what great roads they are, they are a must do again in the future!

It was great to see BenelliDave, Keith, Zebo and partner shame we miss you John (BoK) and sorry you couldn't make it Andy!

The event was great seeing all the Italian beauties, for the record there was 1 Tornado RS, 1 Tornado Tre, 2 TNT's, a few Moto Guzzies and MV Agusta's about 50 Ducati's including 2 1098's. Even the cars were worth a look!

The ride back home was great although we stopped to help a fallen rider on the outside of a sweeping left hander, bike totalled, rider ok!

Colin and I visited my mate at Turners Hill :)hiya: Ian!) for a cuppa and a chat, then made our way home. I was particually please as it was the first big ride since my accident and got back into the grove almost immediately! (Grinding the footplates at every other corner!:eek: )

Thanks Colin, it was a pleasure to have your company.

Now, where's my MV!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ditto everybody!

Really great to see people. We are an exclusive lot aren't we, nice to be on something that people are interested in. Insecure of me I know.

I was on the Monster owners forum this morning, apparently one of their number had a friend along - he was going to buy a Ducati but thinks now they are a bit common!!

Made it home without cutting out too - bonus!

Dave, I nailed it past a ferrari when I left, hope it was audible, she was sounding sweet where I was sitting. Thanks for the coffee!

·
903 Posts
Still not running right Colin!

:p

Colin your Nelli has still got throttle delay problems I see, how come your bike revs up again when you walk away?:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

PS The reason Colins video is so good is because his camera was resting on my bikes footplate! :rolling:

Ben, your not insecure mate, you just dare to be different! :ele:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Lloyd - we arrived around 08:00hrs and left just before 10:00hrs. Only one TNT (and some MV thing...:p ) in the centre parking by the time we left - sounds like we just missed the main Benelli crowd :doh:

Next time...

·
Registered
31 Posts
engine

Colin,that wasn't very exciting mate on you tube,you tube! Is that the standard exhaust?:)

·
1,841 Posts
exciting !

No youre right,:doh: I was just testing youtube ! I will try and get a good video soon with me reving the engine hard !! The exhaust is a beowulf with road legal baffle in,a lot of people dont like them, but i think it looks ok, and it weighs about a 1/4 of the standard pipe... and it sounds loverly when you give it some welly !!:ele:
P.S. benelliboy look here for mirror mod by ENGENIA http://www.mso.anu.edu.au/~ekowald/Mirrors/Mirrors.html

1 - 20 of 24 Posts