Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Benelli Imperiale with cheese
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new here and just wanted to tell you all that I've just picked up my new Benelli Imperiale with cheese, no cheese actually it just reminds of a line out of Pulp Fiction :rolleyes:.

Anyway I traded in this

For one of these bad boys

I'm 53 years old now and think my midlife crises is over.
I picked the Benelli up from Salisbury this morning and rode it home 30 miles in the pouring rain so now my brand new Imperiale (with cheese) is covered in :poop: which is a tad annoying. None the less I'm very happy with the bike and hopefully it will give me years of happy riding.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Enjoy the bike, annoying to have rain on first ride. From a 62 year old still hoping I'm having a mid life crisis
I really do hope my midlife crisis is over, probably not not though. It's made me spend a lot of money on things I don't really need, for example a Triumph cruiser! Living in Dorset we don't even have a motorway let alone long desert highways:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice ride. Missed the rain so far as I have no water proof kit. This will need to change I fear living in the UK. Enjoy!
90% of my riding is commuting 20 miles a day for work so I make sure I've got some waterproof clothing handy. This is a lot of the reason I decided to trade my Triumph in for the Benelli, the Triumph was a bit overkill just for riding to work and back. If I was rich, which I'm not:cry: I would have kept the Triumph to use for the longer rides but the alas it had to go I'm afraid, I will miss it though.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I really do hope my midlife crisis is over, probably not not though. It's made me spend a lot of money on things I don't really need, for example a Triumph cruiser! Living in Dorset we don't even have a motorway let alone long desert highways:(
What's the car behind the triumph ? Simca ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's the car behind the triumph ? Simca ?
Sorry I've only just had chance to reply, my dear old mum was rushed into hospital on Tuesday and I've been a bit busy all week.
Anyway GBo got it in one, that little car is my trusty old Reliant Rebel. When the weather starts to get a tad chilly in the depths of winter I get the old bugger out, the car I mean :rolleyes: and give the riding a miss for a couple of months, I'm a bit of a 🐱 when the weather gets cold you see.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Jerry

·
Registered
765 Posts
Cool motor I like the old reliants, my brothers had a regal saloon it was great fun!
At least that model has four wheels,our old neighbours had a robin, the husband was very small
About eight stone soaking wet,but the wife was big,I mean big ,when they took off the robin had
Huge list to port,when they went up the road it looked like they were heading for the cowers
Regatta !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got a bit of a soft spot for Reliants as well. I've had a few three wheelers over the years, fun little cars and incredibly easy to work on as well. Way back when you could pick the things up for really cheap money, I had plans of getting hold of an early 80's Reliant Rialto now that they've changed the MOT rules for historic vehicles but people are asking thousands for three wheelers so I'll probably give that idea a miss. Not only that the Gov has introduced that E10 fuel so I'm not entirely sure if it's worth bothering with older vehicles anymore. I'll probably run my Rebel on super unleaded petrol for the time being but apparently that'll be changing to E10 in five years time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts