Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was looking good for a quick jaunt out on the RS but instead thought i'd give my other half's the treatment of replacing the piston , rings , little end after we found that the slight running problem was down to the fact that the Power valve had caught the edge of the rings/piston and worn thefront of the rings down thus reducing compression - ran ok with lots of choke to compensate for some of the time but was destined to be pulled apart:( . well i took it to bits last weekend and ordered the bits and just earlier finished it and filled the carb and first press hey presto :) :) it ran sweet and now its just a case of putting bodywork back on bit of a clean and and happy partner (well i had a big barny with her and fell out doing it but think we made up when i showed it her going again !). Dont you just love it when things actually go right and even more suprising its italian :rolleyes: .. what a bad design fault that the power valve can stick into the bore and catch the piston !!!. glad i found that out before re assembly.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THX rob its not that hard although I prefer 4 strokes.its only a rotax 123 in an RS125 extrema . Bought it not running right and knew how fickle these can be.wires given me ultimatum rs go le come rs no go then no le ! Damn thought I was going to get to keep both . She says I can sell her bike as she loves driving our yellow punto and after I bought an L200 instead of a RC8 for her !- women !.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's wife not wire !. Isn't techn great sat in barrow dealing with chemicals and I still can type an error - damn this blackberry!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts