Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, got the two bikes registered and on the road on Friday!!! Small stuff up with our registration authority (not really suprised at all) :b We headed over to Johnny O's after and.... well thanks heaps mate! Remapped mine and when we went to set AJ's up, still had a few dramas which we sorted out Saturday morning, rang John again and guess what......? John was more than happy to help out! Both bikes are now spot on and we had a great ride into the docks in Melbourne just to test them out on Saturday arvo. A quick spurt on the bike reminded me why I bought it, cos its just everything a bike should be and heaps more. The highlight was when I got a great smile from a very nice lady in a Porsche 356 Roadster. One Benelli on the road turns head but two kind of breaks necks!
A big thanks to Johnny O, we really appreciate the help and honesty (you get the top bloke award!)
Thanks Adrian @ MotoHeaven (The ONLY bike shop in Melbourne) And thanks to all on the forum for the warm welcome and heaps of help. Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Congrats

Passion: Sometimes it is the feeling that the bike gives you. That overwhelming feeling way down in your soul giving you a grin inside your helmet that stretches from ear to ear which, even if you tried, you couldn't get off your face. That satisfying feeling where Ying has meet Yang, the moons have aligned, hot chicks are waiting for you at home dressed in french maid outfits, dinner cooked, the house cleaned and energy enough to shag your brains out as an Hors deovres. While, of course, giving your bike a good wash and polish from your days ride to clean it for you.

I can tell you that this bike gives it to me every time I ride it. That feeling has never been there before and I have had just about everything out there from my first VF500F Interceptor up to my Ducs. The Duc came close but not quite. You may run into a few niglies along the way mate but the road less traveled is the one based on passion and not logic. Enjoy and make sure you know a good plastic surgeon or else everyone that sees you on Monday at work is gonna wonder why you have a permanant grin on your kisser and no-one can break your mood.

John:hat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two new Tres on the road

John, thanks mate, you summed it up perfectly. ;)
I've decided that if every issue that everyone has had on this forum comes up to bite me, I'm gonna grin, bear it and remember that first ride and every ride that comes after and keep reminding myself why I put that Italian baby in my garage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Two new Tres on the road

Yeah right you put it in your garage because you are fullsick....and so are we :lol
The grin is much more bearable when that thing is trouble free. Best of luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Two new Tres on the road

I've decided that if every issue that everyone has had on this forum comes up to bite me, I'm gonna grin, bear it and remember that first ride and every ride that comes after and keep reminding myself why I put that Italian baby in my garage.
*sniggers*

Let's hope that you have a great time on the bike fullsick (in fact we know you will) and that your days will be trouble free. Sure you'll have a few niggles but Johnny0 seems to be a spot on kinda bloke so I'm sure he'll keep you shiney side up;)

Al:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Me?!

Ah shucks, weren't nuthin I tell ya :)

I just like to do what ever I can for my fellow-man, the fact that they ride a Benelli makes me try a little harder (I'd like to keep my job ;) )

I just wish all Benelli owners in this country could appreciate what I try to do for them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Me?!

We do Johnny O!

Unfortunate that you sometimes don't get support from the factory and senior management to help us like we know you are capable of.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1.5 more Tres (Now 2 again!)

I think I must have cursed myself!!!!:lol I lost the whole load of coolant at work on Wednesday morning, trailered it home, popped the fairing off, leaky welch plug. Lucky work was still open and got a new welch plug that night, repaired, filled, bled, reassembled and running again. NOTHING WILL STOP ME!!!!!!! P.S. Worth noting that the 50+ mechanics at work were trying to work out what the hell the "Turbo" fans were, seems that this has been the biggest thing at work since.... well I dunno what.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 1.5 more Tres (Now 2 again!)

Those plugs are known for being a bit dodgy fullsick. Glad you've managed to get it sorted though. Keep your eye on it:\

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 1.5 more Tres (Now 2 again!)

Hey fullsick, beware all 50 so called mechanics are CIA agents if they couldn't figure what the vents are meant for.
Watch your back:lol :lol :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turbo fan portal tardis thingos

Yeah, true, but its probably our fault, we spread the rumour that they were "Boost fans" designed to add an extra 5kms per hour to the top speed when switched on. Maybe I just need more to do at work to occupy my time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts