Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a day off work yesterday specially to go out to play and had a total blast, up to Skye and around that area absolutely stunning scenery (will post some pics later on my gallery) went up to have coffee with Simon (Forby) and his wife Jill and sat outside in the glorious sunshine with the stunning views from his house, from then it went downhill as whilst there I noticed my tyre was starting to break up and with a couple of hundred miles to go was rather concerned, I was canning it whilst on the corners trying to save the (supposedly HARD COMPOUND) centre but to no avail canvas was starting to show, to top it all it was getting dark and I foolishly had my dark visor on which made for a very interesting drive home:doh: so that was nellies last outing for this year she's getting sorned and new rubber shall have to wait. Must say that I'm totally pissed off with the pirelli diablo rosso's as i've only done around 2000mls with them and 700mls was last weekend and nearly 500mls yesterday so havent had much time with them:( .
I kept thinking to myself whilst driving the Kyle of Lochalsh road that I hope the weather is nice when you come up for the scottish gathering so you can fully apreciate the best road in the WORLD!:D
Funny thing happened whilst stopped at eilan donan castle whilst stopped for foto, a bus full of tourists stopped and unloaded and some of them came straight up to nellie and started taking pics of it, posing next to it etc before taking any pics of the scenery, thought that was amusing
By the way I was informed by some guys I met en route that they had spotted a green and a red nellie near Tyndrum some half an hour before me, anyone here?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hey Drew

Glad you had a great run out on the bike, the weather was great for you. Sorry I couldn't make it but thanks for the invite. Definitely get out next yr in the spring. All the best
Neil

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Drew, sorry to hear of the tyre probs, echoes of the 1098R at Sleeperzzz. Those roads, Loch Ness to Skye are exactly the reason I chose Roy Bridge :jig:

Eileen Donan Castle, been there done that last year :D

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Yep looking forward to that road again Kiddy its a class act, jealous you go to do it so late in the year:D

and its that time of year again guys look out the clear visor aqnd get one of these. Its a photochromatic pinlock style insert which are great. Thnx to fraser for letting us in on the secret that they are now available

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/500/41890

I also find these great. They pop into the brow of your helmet and keep the worst of the dazzle out of your eyes. If the dazzle gets bad you just lower your head and look directly through it

http://www.forthgear.co.uk/product/Arai_Tinted_2563

Those are both aria versions but universal ones are on there also

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Drew, sorry to hear of the tyre probs, echoes of the 1098R at Sleeperzzz. Those roads, Loch Ness to Skye are exactly the reason I chose Roy Bridge :jig:

Eileen Donan Castle, been there done that last year :D

Bob, nice Bike, nice Castle, just not sure about the dodgy looking character in the photo though ! ;)

p.s. That looks a nice shiney helmet in your hands though ! :D

:rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts