Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello men. Just thought i would put a little good news on here followed by a little concern lol (when isn't there 1) I had a great ride on my RS last night over to willingham woods in lincs, there was lots of bikes out there but only ONE tornado :) The bike handled like a dream. I have a Honda CBR1000FL also and she has done lots of trips there but i have to say i had soo many smiles under my helmet. When it's right it is soo soo right. OH the concern, i have had my nellie for 2 months and noticed today that the red paint?? or coating is coming off on the LH side at front edge? has anyone got the same problem, mine looks like it is a red coat or decal?

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
where abouts you from???? not been to willingham woods yet on my rs used to go every wed night on my gixer, great roads from sheffield to there :D

·
5,934 Posts
... OH the concern, i have had my nellie for 2 months and noticed today that the red paint?? or coating is coming off on the LH side at front edge? has anyone got the same problem, mine looks like it is a red coat or decal?
If it's the lower panel, it's common. The contractor who paints them doesn't prepare them properly. That said, it's difficult to paint that material, especially when there's localised heating, such as the water entry to the oil cooler on the standard Tre. I've had to modify mine a bit, to move it further from the panel.
If it's the top panel, that's inexcusable. It's ABS, and easy to get paint to stick to. My replacement top panel had a crap paint job. It was too soft, and couldn't stand up to the screen screws/washers.

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Hi Mate, i had this on my RS before i had it resprayed, its common i believe.:( :( :(

·
Ready for summer
381 Posts
paint probs

Hi Guys
New to the forum and nelli ownership having just bought a new tornado tre
from kjm am i correct that the lower panels on my silver & black bike will not have that prob as they are made from black plastic ?
Anybody had dealings with kjm (opinions please )
cotty63
on the wirral

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi cotty and congrats on your new purchase.

I've never heard of a paint problem with the black lowers.....didn't think that there was any paint on them in the first place :rolling:

As for KJM, I've bought 3 Tornados from them so they must be doing something right. Glen the mechanic is a top bloke and will look after your bike well for you. Oh, and try not to catch Andy in bright sunlight or the reflection of his 'dome' will blind you for ages.

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
Hi Guys
New to the forum and nelli ownership having just bought a new tornado tre
from kjm am i correct that the lower panels on my silver & black bike will not have that prob as they are made from black plastic ?
Anybody had dealings with kjm (opinions please )
cotty63
on the wirral
No probs with the black panels on my 03 9000 mile tre.

GREAT COLOUR CHOICE BTW:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: almost as rare as an LE:rolling: :p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Gee Fred you got 9000 on the beauty already, you certainly get the most out of that bike, who says Italian bikes are unreliable (apart form those who own them and they breakdown of course), happy motoring mate !!
Will try to get over your way before the end of the summer, for a spin if we can sort it, Ill give you a PM soon, Steve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts