Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having owned a Tornado Tre for 1 year now I have not seen another... Until today! Driving my tintop home at approx 3pm back from work in West London I pulled in hard left on the Southbound exit slip at Lightwater to let half a dozen bikes filter up the middle of the ramp... Bike 3 was a green Tornado Tre index FX03.. something; issued Lincoln 2003... Anyone on here...?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Having owned a Tornado Tre for 1 year now I have not seen another... Until today! Driving my tintop home at approx 3pm back from work in West London I pulled in hard left on the Southbound exit slip at Lightwater to let half a dozen bikes filter up the middle of the ramp... Bike 3 was a green Tornado Tre index FX03.. something; issued Lincoln 2003... Anyone on here...?
Funny, I was about to ask about the same thing, I came across it on the A322, a couple of miles North of the M3, just before it reached the roundabout with the A332. The A322 is dual carriageway and on that section there's a big gap between the two carriageways, like some 30m. I was traveling in the opposite direction so only caught a brief glimpse of the pack: Honda, KTM, Tornado and something else. Incidentally, I was on my Tornado too, so for two of them to be in the wild in close proximity, without any premeditation - well, I suppose that's something :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny, I was about to ask about the same thing, I came across it on the A322, a couple of miles North of the M3, just before it reached the roundabout with the A332. The A322 is dual carriageway and on that section there's a big gap between the two carriageways, like some 30m. I was traveling in the opposite direction so only caught a brief glimpse of the pack: Honda, KTM, Tornado and something else. Incidentally, I was on my Tornado too, so for two of them to be in the wild in close proximity, without any premeditation - well, I suppose that's something :)
Yep that was defo the same crew; all wearing small packs but no luggage on the bikes.... Probably had it DHL'd to their hotel! Tail end charlie was something quite exotic like an Agusta... Made me wish I was on their trip and not on my commute!:sick:

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,456 Posts
Ha ha, that was us on our way back from a trip to Belgium for the weekend, heading back to Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire.
Happy to report that my mates Nelli performed flawlessly all weekend, 650 miles,33C heat on the continent, mental ques at Eurotunnel, not bad for a 19 year old Italian bike👍
Other bikes in the group were my F3 800 RC, MV F4 1000R, Ducati 950 SP Hypermotard, ZX9R, Triumph 675 Daytona. No technical gremlins on any of them👍👍
Few aches and pains the next day though……😉

Fred

Attachments

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,456 Posts
I thought I saw a Tornado going the other way…..👍

Fred

Reactions: Lucian

·
Registered
49 Posts
Other bikes in the group were my F3 800 RC, MV F4 1000R, Ducati 950 SP Hypermotard, ZX9R, Triumph 675 Daytona. No technical gremlins on any of them👍👍
Goodness me, that sounds like a statistics exam question: "Calculate the probability of the tour happening with no technical mishaps" ;) Glad it worked out fine for you all :) 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts