Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At around 10:30am today my bike got delivered by Tosh who owns T&M motorcycles in the Scottish borders. I watched as he wheeled it out of the van and then noticed a very light drizzle of rain coming down almost the very moment both wheels were off the ramp. I filled out the relevant paperwork in my garage and spoke to Tosh about Benellis and what not and then watched almost broken hearted as my little GSXR6 was wheeled into his van and the doors closed behind it. As he pulled away the sun started to come out and I thought I'd take the bike out for a wee run.
The roads were a wee bit slippy but they soon started to dry out after a while and I cautiously nursed my Nelli round a few roundabouts and I decided to stop at Tescos to get something to eat from the cafe. About thirty seconds after I had taken my lid off a fella approached me and said "Excuse me son, but what are those fans for?":rolling: Ahhhhhhhhhh, I felt like I was stepping into an old comfy pair of slippers and chatted to him about my bike. I'd almost forgotten what celebrity status you had when you own one of these babies, and as I sat in the canteen eating my fish and chips I watched through the window at people stopping to look at the bike and run their hands over the petrol tank, kneel down and look at the fans and generally admire the bike as it sat in the sunshine looking the dogs danglies:clap:
Not taking her over 5k revs is torture:bawl: It's just at that point where you know the growl of the triple is going to bark into life and then you have to knock it up another gear to keep the revs down:(
So after an 80 mile journey of just pottering around she's now in the garage for the night.
Surely it can't be all roses and pink and fluffy owning the bike? Nope.
The clutch mod I'm sure hasn't been done as I couldn't get it into neutral once from a stand still and my frigging forearms where pumping when I finally got home.
The paint is already starting to peel from one of the panels and a part of the bodywork is cracked where someone has overtightened a screw before she was delivered to Tosh.
The brake light has a chip in it.
The front fairing has a rough edge to it right at the very top where the screen ends.
The screen also has an imperfection in it. I thought it was perhaps where a bug had hit it but its in the plastic itself.
In saying that, Tosh has already arranged for new panels and bodywork to be sent out and the man even put a new chain on it for me without charging me the labour for it:clap:
So, overall I'm a very happy camper and now that I've spoken to Tosh I'm really chuffed that we have a dealer up here who is really enthusiastic about the brand and can help us out when things go tits up.
A really big thank you to Dave and Andy at KJM and a really big thank you to Tosh for all of the work that he's put into the bike already:clap:
Now all I need is a day of sunshine tomorrow to go and do it all over again:ele:

Al;)

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
funny isnt it,people always going round the back of your bike,looking up its arse!!!!:rolleyes: ;) like dogs sniffing other dogs arses!!!!!

congrats on the new Benelli:ele: :bow: :clap:

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
lucky bleeder

CONGRATS on the new nelli Al :clap:
you were watching people admire her while eating fish and chips eh, what happened to the health kick;)

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
funny isnt it,people always going round the back of your bike,looking up its arse!!!!:rolleyes: ;) like dogs sniffing other dogs arses!!!!!

congrats on the new Benelli:ele: :bow: :clap:
i never thought of it like that before :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: but it is true!!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Al, welcome back, warts n all :ele: :clap:
your target by Saturday will be 1000 miles, when revs can go up to 9000 :)

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
yeah congrats on the new bike!!!!!!!! i don't envy the running in bit at all :rolling: & i wont be envious of your carbon wheels when they arrive & are fitted & you've posted some pics :smashpc:

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Nice to have you back AL, better than sex aint it????? NOT :rolling: :rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice to have you back AL, better than sex aint it????? NOT :rolling: :rolling:
I dunno mate, I've been with a few belters in my time ...... Nah you're right mate ..... (and they're cheaper to keep:rolling: )

Al;)

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Lovely.
Seems to have more green paint on it than mine ever had ... . :rolling:

Better go and find some ear plugs in case I find my self following you up to Rogart!

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts