Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I read about something similar, but I have to admit that mine has never touched ground. Lucky one I am.

There are a few possibilities only:

1. I have not the guts
2. My weight is not enough (78kg)
3. My shock absorbers are still in good shape (TNT Sport 2006)

Slow down before you get off the bike.

Have a good time.

PS Hope the side covers of the tank have not shown any signs of grinding.

Best regards

Mark;)

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mark i,m only 70kg myself and to be honest wasn,t expecting it, problem is i,m still a knee down virgin:eek: :eek: :eek: (pics in album)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I aint no expert, but I think you are doing exactly the same as I used to,
I didnt hav a problem leaning the bike over to the edge of the tyre (same as you), but it felt too strange and wrong for me to 'hang off',

I did a Ron Haslam race school day last year and they explain and help you to hang off - trouble now is that I have new tyres on my bike with chicken strips either side cos I dont lean the bike so far over - I hang off insteaad - it feels more normal to me now ?? :confused:

I am a bit wary of doing it too much on the road tho - my mate just (and I mean just) hung on to his bike after he clipped something on the road when he had his knee down - it nearly threw him off the bike !!!!!!!

On track tho, it shouldnt be a problem

Lloyd and Rusty are the guys to ask for proper advice (they both used to race) - all I can do is tell you how it is for me :eek:

I know I cant wait for August - cos I am off to do another Ron Haslam day :ele: :ele:

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your dead right Kurt, the more i lean the bike over the more i seem to bring my leg closer to the tank.:doh:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Has anyone had issues with it, just done a track day and the side stand was grinding away.:confused: :D :D
Learn to put your weight to the inside, get yer knee out and drag it on the ground :)
Once you get kneedowning with the side stand grinding away its time to look at other stuff ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
iv got my tnt jacked rite up at the mo as had pass and luggage on, its bloody hard and is not really suited to the roads of the isle of man but 1 went over the mountain about 20 times a not had a problem... oops im a tad heavier than thee.......140kg... oops
give 3 turns on spring and try and if not any good try 3 more the next week it will speed up the steering thou... i like it all loose thou..
good luck with it all
fatnfast

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Kurt , did you do the premier or elite at Ron Haslams?
The Premier on the cbr600rr's - I doing the same again in August, I nearly booked for the Elite (on the Blade's) but figured I would getter better enjoyment on the 600's (like holding it right out there just nudging the redline thru hollywood / craner / Shwantz (only in 1st gear mind !!!) :rolling:

I would recomend it to anyone :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts