Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to get the RS out of the garage today to sneak in a quick blast.....bugger had a flat battery!

Find it hard to accept that the battery should go flat within a couple of days since she was ridden last.

Wish I kept my 98 Blade:(

Can I reject the bike and ask the dealer to exchange for something that won't let me down, bike is less than a month old, and has covered 1000 miles.

Also since the service the dealer uploaded a different fuel map as the previous one kept it at 2000 rpm on a closed throttle when iin gear...the new one has given it more flat spots than a 50p piece..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ha!

You obviously should have kept your Blade, I'm sure there'll be more than just you that would be happier.

A battery?! How would you be if it seized a con-rod bearing or exploded a clutch basket? Get over it man, you wanted a bike that is different from the mainstream, put up with the few niggly problems and enjoy the good aspects of the bike.

I'm also riding a new GSXR1000 K6 and I'm having enough problems with that! Just as many as my Benelli TnT.... it's just a sign of the times I guess?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure that you're not just a bit pissed off that you never got to go for a blast Vince rather than wanting to take a bike back to the dealer? Give them a call and explain your situation and wait to see what they'll do to rectify it. If they could fix it for you, would you still want to give the bike up or would you be more than happy to keep it. Everyone here knows that I've had my share of bad luck with mine (I guess I'm just unlucky) but I knew that before I bought it that I would be expected to run into some problems. I had read loads of reviews but they didn't put me off as I've always wanted one of these bikes. Just hang in there mate and don't let it get you down.
Let us all know how you get on with your dealers Vince.;)

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Ha!

And the stock battery is a piece of shite, you should replace it anyway. Mine was delivered to me with a Yuasa installed in place of the crap battery that came in it, and I haven't had any battery issues after 3500 miles.
mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Ha!

Vince, I suspect that the battery wasn't made by Benelli. Having read this forum, we all know that it is sus. Replace it, then go for a ride. The grin will come back. Trust me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Optimate

Or buy an Optimate (£35 ish) and give it a blast on that every couple of weeks....especially if you've got an alarm fitted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts