Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not Benelli related but......my buddy at Moto Austin the local Ducati dealership was nice enough to say: "Take the new Ducati Streetfighter home for the weekend and bring it back on Tuesday." :) What a bunch of cool guys!

I must say this bike is so much better than the 1098 for city riding or daily use. The engine has gobs of power just like the 1098 but I am sure it'll get better when it's completely broken in. I like the ergos on it better than the Brutale I've owned. Feels more forward like you are over the front of the bike and makes you want to do stupid things in traffic. Seat was also much more comfortable than both the 1098 and the Brutale and even the Hypermotard.

It does not exhibit much heating issues and runs much cooler than the 1098 and the Brutale. Thanks in part to the second radiator with the oil/water heat exchanger.

Mind you I fell in love with this bike the first time I saw it at EICMA last year. Before that when I owned the Brutale, I always wished it was a twin. :)

I think I shall be getting one. :)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
That's some nice mates you have there Roland:bow: You mentioned a second radiator? Whereabouts is it positioned on the bike? And those pipes .... are they standard? Gonna go and see if I can find a few videos of this bike in action now;)

Have fun on it matey and that seat looks like you could have it in your front room and sit and watch the complete Star Trek movies and not get a sore arse:D

Al;)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Forget the radiator question ..... just spotted it:doh:

Al:D

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are the termi slipons. Dealer installed aftermarket accesory. The stock pipes are hideous!

Apparently the cat is in the mufflers so when you change them out you'll lose the cat. Neat.

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The forward riding position makes it pretty nimble in traffic but the upright position and the longer trail seems to make it a bit slower in the twisties and takes a bit of getting used to coming off my 1098S.

Overall I really like this bike and I can see this a a much better daily rider than my 1098S. I think I may be getting one. :)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
each to their own ,my personal view is it looks unfinished would i buy one no ,i like the looks of the brutal much better or the morini ,but i bet it makes up for that in its handling etc .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts