Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out the LE today. Absolutely beautiful weather and a stonking ride. I used my new HJC Carbon Helmet...very light...about as noisy as Arai...did I say it was light? The shield however is super dark. That made it tough on the way home. Oh well...I need to go get some steel wool and scuff this shit eating grin off my face...nothing else will take it off!:clap:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Also had ride out on my Tre last Sunday afternoon. Went up to the Ponderosa Cafe, at Horseshoe Pass, North Wales. Cold and but bright, with a low sun.
Here's a pic of my lid; the Arai Centenary TT RX7 :) View attachment 430

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi JR ( Jonny) I tried one of these helmets at the bike show but found the shell very flexible, is it any stiffer now?
They look super:bow:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Jonny, these are great lids, had a brand new one which recently saved my life. Soon as my cash comes through Ill be buying another. I see they have an inbuilt dark visor now, not sure if I prefer that to a dark visor. But a great fit and very light.

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Inset Visor

I didn't like the new flip down dark visor built in. It sat right across my eye level when I was more upright so i went with the original. I very much like it plus it matches all the carbon on my LE. As far as it being more flexible of a shell, it meets both DOT and Snell standards from the US of A plus all the standards here in the UK so I am not worried about it. In accidents, and their recreations, the helmets that faired the best were actually Icon models with full face. The Arai's and Shoei's actually finished about mid-pack do to the impact being transmited through the hard shell to the riders head. Guess its the difference between testing and real riding. This is my first non Arai or Shoei helmet so we will see how it goes.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts