Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1130 was in for some diagnostic work...see my other thread ( :( ) , and Realworld gave me their shiny orange 899 demonstrator for the morning to play with.
If I didn't already own the 1130 , the 899 is a bloody good bike.
Took it up into the Welsh hills, nice bright dry day yesterday, it was light nimble flicky and great fun to ride.
The engine breaking is less than on the 1130 and it doesn't have the sheer grunt and the " ohmygod" factor when you open the throttle but a fine bike.

On my next visit there i'll see if I can get their Victory Hammer :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That's the great thing about owning a Nelli - you get to try out lots of loan bikes whilst yours is being repaired :rolling:

Of course, I can make cheap jibes cos mine is finally running perfectly for the first time since I bought it 2.5 years ago. :clap:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 1130 was in for some diagnostic work...see my other thread ( :( ) , and Realworld gave me their shiny orange 899 demonstrator for the morning to play with.
If I didn't already own the 1130 , the 899 is a bloody good bike.
Took it up into the Welsh hills, nice bright dry day yesterday, it was light nimble flicky and great fun to ride.
The engine breaking is less than on the 1130 and it doesn't have the sheer grunt and the " ohmygod" factor when you open the throttle but a fine bike.

On my next visit there i'll see if I can get their Victory Hammer :)
Mate...you're a legend. I've been hanging out for someone that's ridden a 1130 to have a ride on an 899. Mind if I ask a few questions on your opinion the 899?

Does the 899 engine sound like a diesel at idle, or is it a little more refined that the 1130? I don't really care, just interested.

How did you find the torque at lower revs? Enough that you didn't need to rev the hell out of the engine to access the mumbo? (obviously it'll need more revs that a 1130)

Have you ridden on a race track before? How do you think the 899 engine would go on a track?

I don't have a 1130, so I'm seriously thinking of saving myself $6500 AUS and go with an 899s over a 1130 sport evo. Still hanging out for a dealer to open up near me so I can test ride them both. I'm not a HP junkie, so for me the 1130 would need to be a lot better to be worth the extra money.

Cheers

Greg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Greg.
The 899 sounds disappointing at idle , quite agricultural :(
The torque at low revs was pretty good, I was throwing around a mountain behind Aberdare and didn't have to rev the tits off it to get some decent fun.
I've never done a track day, but am seriously considering one on the TnT , it's the smallest/fastest/nimblest bike i've ever owned in the same package.
The BMW K1200S is faster in a straight line, but too cumbersome to chuck around a track I think.

899 or 1130... that's a difficult one....the 1130 in full song is a maniac bike and the acceleration leaves you grinning like a Cheshire Cat , but it's probably all in the top 2 to 3K revs, I *guess* the 899 would hold it's own against a lot of other street fighters.
People who know i've got a nellie have asked me to bring it over , just to look at it !!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Greg.
The 899 sounds disappointing at idle , quite agricultural :(
The torque at low revs was pretty good, I was throwing around a mountain behind Aberdare and didn't have to rev the tits off it to get some decent fun.
I've never done a track day, but am seriously considering one on the TnT , it's the smallest/fastest/nimblest bike i've ever owned in the same package.
The BMW K1200S is faster in a straight line, but too cumbersome to chuck around a track I think.

899 or 1130... that's a difficult one....the 1130 in full song is a maniac bike and the acceleration leaves you grinning like a Cheshire Cat , but it's probably all in the top 2 to 3K revs, I *guess* the 899 would hold it's own against a lot of other street fighters.
People who know i've got a nellie have asked me to bring it over , just to look at it !!
Thanks mate!! :bow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts