Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Has any one done this mod successfully and if so could you please share your experience.

Where you got from, part number, does it make a difference etc.

I just got back from a ride in the Blue Mountains with my neighbour who has a brand new Duc 1098S which I rode, I could not believe how light it felt compared to the Nelli and the torque of the twin engine in low revs. Keeps wanting to lift the front end at 7000 revs in 2nd gear. Also the handle bar position is much more comfortable on the wrists, hence my thinking that it may be time to RAISE the Bar:rolling:

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
tax

·
5,929 Posts
... the handle bar position is much more comfortable on the wrists..
Hey Tax, get into the gym & strengthen you back muscles, then bend your elbows & keep them loose. The wrist problem will go away. :D :D

Oh, another thing. Nelli's weight is biased further forward than other bikes because the radiator is behind the engine, not in front of it, hence it tends to keep it's front wheel on the deck. Just another thing you don't have to worry about when coming out of a corner - bikes tend to corner better with the front wheel on the ground. ;)

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
10 Grand?

These sold for nearly $33K Australian when I bought mine in 2003.

15,444.97 GBP that is what I paid and then some with upgrading to carbon fibre bits, race exhaust, bubble's etc and Laurence's trick bits :eek:

So the Ducati 1098 S is still cheaper than what some of us paid for a Nelli Downunder:mad:

But 4 years on she still is a looker :clap:

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crap

Hey Tax, get into the gym & strengthen you back muscles, then bend your elbows & keep them loose. The wrist problem will go away. :D :D

Oh, another thing. Nelli's weight is biased further forward than other bikes because the radiator is behind the engine, not in front of it, hence it tends to keep it's front wheel on the deck. Just another thing you don't have to worry about when coming out of a corner - bikes tend to corner better with the front wheel on the ground. ;)
Errol,

Next you will be telling me that you spend till the wee hours flexing that other muscle while doing it in an upright position :rolling:

Ummm that Lime Coast Shiraz was good:D

Bottle of that stuff does wonders with good food.

Wonder whether I might get to flex that um muscle tonight...yee haw

·
349 Posts
Tax,
I fitted a pair of Gilles adjustable clip ons on mine.Good job.Better comfort for me two up riding most of the time.Allows much better steering lock.Just quoted the size of the forks to a uk supplier and paid £250.
Zebo.:)

·
224 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the clip on raisers on and/or off the bike???

Do you have the manufacturers website too???

thanks

There is a company in the USA that may make ones that work too, but they cant tell me because they dont have any experience with Benelli....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the clip on raisers on and/or off the bike???

Do you have the manufacturers website too???

thanks

There is a company in the USA that may make ones that work too, but they cant tell me because they dont have any experience with Benelli....
Saw an ad in one of the bike publications here in the uk. Not sure whether they are ok for use on a Benelli but they have clip ons which you can raise and rotate to get get best position for fast riding or touring positions. You just unclamp them with an allen key and raise or lower as suited, can do it when your out and about to. Ill find the ad if your interested.:D

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Here's the link to the Gilles website Doug.

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Guys

Anyone interested in a group buy?

Laurence: Any one you can talk to re some special pricing?:D

Thanks

·
349 Posts
Thanks Laurence,your the man!
Zebo.:bow:
I keep telling myself that i must learn how to do all this shit,but then again i would rather be riding my bike.:)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Didn't think that there would be enough interest in these to organize a 'Group Buy' but I'm willing to be proved wrong :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts