Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through the photo gallery and looked at Lost souls album at JR's get together.
A line of Tornado's and 1 Harley. Guess which bike was the most popular.
Harleys RULE :bow:

Not - Harley's suck :blowup: guaranteed to stop before a Benelli.

·
1,231 Posts
Untrue

Actually, factually you would be vastly wrong. The fact that you think that Harleys suck is a matter of preference. Factually there are 1903 Harleys still out there running and driving...there are no 1903 Benellis out there at all. Harleys have been around for longer and, by virtue of the quality of materials they utilize, steel vs alloys, they will be around far longer than any Benelli will. I like my Harley. I am now a hard core Harley fan but I must admit that my Harley has a universal draw to it which is much larger than my LE has. With that being said, I still like my LE better!!!!

:doh:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Harley's couldn't be more different than a Benelli not better or worse just not comparable.

Around here they are as common as dog shit but my TNT is the only one within 300km.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, factually you would be vastly wrong. The I like my Harley. I am now a hard core Harley fan but I must admit that my Harley has a universal draw to it which is much larger than my LE has. With that being said, I still like my LE better!!!!

JR Harley's are fine. Just back in SA any body that had one always had problems. They are very very popular over here,(California) I would say more so than jap bikes.
My initial point was made after I posted how many people were checking my CR out at the AMA superbike race. I then was looking at the bikes that were at your place and all the guys hanging around your Harley. It seemed kind of funny in retrospect.

What I really hate are Nortons. My first motorcycle in 1974 was a '69 Norton Commando. I am surprised I went on with my biking career after that. Nothing but pure trouble.
The Other bike that I bought new and kept for less than a month was a 1982 Ducati 500 Pantah. To expensive to crash and replace wheels every time, compared to my Kawasakis.

·
Member - Avatar by MDIB
199 Posts
When my beard grows long enough and turns white and i cant lean over because of my massive guts ill probably get a harley ferguson too.........

:rolling: Just kidding I'll never grow a beard

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Actually, factually you would be vastly wrong. The fact that you think that Harleys suck is a matter of preference. Factually there are 1903 Harleys still out there running and driving...there are no 1903 Benellis out there at all. Harleys have been around for longer and, by virtue of the quality of materials they utilize, steel vs alloys, they will be around far longer than any Benelli will. I like my Harley. I am now a hard core Harley fan but I must admit that my Harley has a universal draw to it which is much larger than my LE has. With that being said, I still like my LE better!!!!

Johnny you forgot to mention chrome, cast iron, chrome and more chrome in your list of materials :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
1903, fair comment. Just that they've not changed since shortly after that date :p

Seriously tho some people polish their bikes and some ride them, Tornados deserve a good thrashing so you appreciate them. Have you put any more miles on those bikes of yours yet?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cool ...

Uncool (in those leathers anyway) ...

I would have put a picture of the Benelli tornado instead of the MV, but he was a no show.

(pictures courtesy of Marc Crisp northwichuk.com)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Harley's have their place in biking - I just don't like the image portrayed by some of the local owners and especially down at the dealer (In this case 'Dock Gate 20').

Who the f*ck would buy a pair of leather 'chaps' or wear a 'stars and stripes' bandana, this side of the sunshine state? :doh:

I used to knock the riders sporting the 'Bad Ass' look - 'Hell we've just ridden
14, dust-blown miles and are driftin' into town for a cup of tea'.

But how many sports bike owners dress-up like track refugees?

'Those speed hump leathers sure gave me the edge on the TESCO roundabout' etc.

It's great though isn't it?

"The Great Escapism"

Regards
Stephen R

·
VIN#ten
136 Posts
Harley's couldn't be more different than a Benelli not better or worse just not comparable.

Around here they are as common as dog shit but my TNT is the only one within 300km.
My step grand-dad was riding regularly Harley-Workinson in the winter time (on ice) to install electric lines to island dwellings in the 1920's. :bow: The present Harley-Parkinsons are not as interesting to me although the handling is probably about the same.

Anycase, Nelli's are a different species, I agree. :D

·
1,231 Posts
Chaps

I would buy my missus a pair of chaps...she would look awesome in those and nothing else! However, Al would scare women and small children if he was riding around like that!!!!!!!! That thought...omg...i think i just threw up a little in my mouth.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Johnny
You're inspired!

Have had a great idea for the forum: 'Group Buy - Benelli Logo Chaps' (Comes with free Tricolore Bandana).:clap:

One size fits all? :rolleyes:

On the Harley Forum? 'Live to Ride' Sliders should do well....

Safe Riding!

Regards
Stephen R

·
Registered
137 Posts
Al is certainly not lacking in self-confidence! :bow:

Makes 'Barbie' look kinda skinny...

Hope he made it home safely in his Jeep Wrangler(?) :beat:

Regards
Stephen R

·
Father Ted rides a Tre
53 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad news to all you Harley lovers, but i have some reality research to bring to your attention regarding the draw of the Benelli.
Recently attented the Northwest 200 with some friends, one of which owns a custom Harley. We parked up on the seafront, side by side, and went for an ice-cream. Upon return, where do you think the crowd was? That's right, around my beautiful Benelli. When we returned from watching the racing, there were a group of three all having their picture taken with.....yes, you guessed, the Benelli. Much to my delight and my friends dismay!:rolling:
Many thousands of bikes at the Northwest. Just one Benelli. Aren't we lucky to own such a special bike. Viva la Tornado:clap:

R.I.P Robert Dunlop

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
See...now i have an image of the Lakenheath show crowd all in assless Benelli chaps...gonna need counseling.

Found this piccy of Al on the Nelli BBQ day...
Can Al get a pink sporran to match the...... butt cheeks :rolling: :rolling: "oooo Al, my hero" :rolling: :rolling:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts