Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and a mate who has a 2004 900 tornado noticed the really poor quality of paint on the benelli. Especially the green paint seems not to stick at all to the panel and flake very easily. It seems like they have forgotten to use primer. We were able to peel the green paint off like wrapping paper which is an absolute joke. I took the panel to a mate who owns a panel shop (troy) MCR in Melbourne and he could not believe how bad it was. After paying a couple of thousand to respray the bike it now looks better than new and i know for sure my paint will not flake at all and there is enough clear on the bike to get rid of nearly all scratches for the next 30 years!!!! Can't believe you pay all that money to get such poor quality paint.

Can you please post a reply below if you noticed the same thing on your benelli it is absolutely rediculous that a company should be allowed to get away with this.

·
3,085 Posts
yep

you and just about every other green silver 900 owner had that problem. Benelli painting contractors skipped on primer!. They got the boot and later tornado's were much improved, they were warranty items?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mine came with bits of paint missing from the very tips. The factory was in trouble at the time, and 3X couldnt/werent supply parts to dealers.

I didnt worry too much at the time as you could barely tell they were there, then the warrenty ran out and now huge chunks are falling off.

Ive contacted Benelli UK, hopefully they will be kind.

If not then its trading standards ...

... OK maybe not, but it will probably stop me upgrading to a 1130.

Aarron

·
1,231 Posts
Paint

There are multiple threads associated with this paint problem and the associated peeling. Do a search and you should locate loads. Talk with KJM about warranty work on them. The only ones that don't see to experience the problem is the LE but the original surface experienced different prperation as it was carbon fibre.

·
Father Ted rides a Tre
53 Posts
I'm thinking that i must be the exception to the rule as i've had no real issues with the paint on my 03 Tornado. To be honest, the green looks as good as new. sorry boys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts