Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be putting the head back on shortly, and have had a look at the procedure in the manual on page 130. It's done in 4 steps - or is it 5?
1 - 2.5 kg-m
2 - 3.5 kg-m
3 - 4.5 kg-m
4 - 50° + 50°

Is this another typo in the manual?
Is step 4 - 50 ± 5°

Or, is step 4 two more steps ?
4 - 50°
5 - 50°
ie. 100° total :confused:

·
1,841 Posts
Hi Errol, I have looked in the RS manual and it gives on page 32 of (RS manual) the cylinder head tightening torque as 45 nm + 100 degrees. On page 136 (rs manual) it gives the sequenced tightening as you have quoted. Therefore I would take it to mean yes after 45nm do two sequenced tightenings of 50 degrees.
Colin....

·
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colin. Kinda makes sense. The 955 head bolt angle was 120°, so 100° total for the Benelli sounds more than reasonable.

It appears that Benelli are being exceptionally careful with a 5 step tightening sequence.

G

·
Errol

If your putting the head back on then you must have solved your bore probs.. Wot did you do in the end and is she up and running again.

·
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your putting the head back on then you must have solved your bore probs.. Wot did you do in the end and is she up and running again.
Tightened up the head nuts yesterday using a 5 step sequence - 25Nm, 35Nm, 45Nm, 50° then a final 50°.
#7 seemed to be going into it's plastic stage, 'cos the torque didn't seem to increase for the final 25°.

There's no mention in the manual of the number of times the head bolts can be re-used. Anyone have any ideas?

(see the other thread for bore details)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts