Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was sat watching the telly (motorbike program) and my mind drifted to the shortening days and the need for a semi decent headlight. Now I know Nellies headlight will never be great but mine is all over the place. Dip beam seems to point to the heavens and the main beam to the deck about ten feet in front of the bike. I initially thought the switch was wrong but alas no. So here's the question before I pull the bike to bits what adjustment is available and are both beams adjusted separately. I could just dive in but I have no doubt that someone out there will have had a similar issue.:doh:

Thanks all

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Both beams can be adjusted. There are sets of adjusting screws behind the lenses.

I have one in bits so will take a photo later on.
Dave

·
Tornadomiester
328 Posts
Check Engenias website as he has detailed exactly what to do to adjust. Also check that the wires aren't crossed. Dipped beam should be in the projector lens

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Headlight

Thanks guys I am grateful, if a picture is available I would be grateful. I have has a look at Errols sit and will be doing both mods this being linking both lights and a HID conversion. My first job is to get the things pointing in the right direction otherwise I will end up lighting up the moon.

·
6,173 Posts
Thanks guys I am grateful, if a picture is available I would be grateful. I have has a look at Errols sit and will be doing both mods this being linking both lights and a HID conversion. My first job is to get the things pointing in the right direction otherwise I will end up lighting up the moon.
Front Lamps

·
RUSSBUS
176 Posts
Rode mine back on sat night from BSB at Silverstone and had same effect on signs etc, however when I checked beam on wall it is fine I am guessing that the lens must be sending a small amount of light off in all directions from the curved lense giving said effect on road signs etc.
Guy I rode back with said it looked fine in the mirror of his bike, nobody flashed so I am not fussed.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
When we rode back from the Bennetts meet up, Dan said that my lights seemed particularly bright and seemed to fill his mirrors as we rode along.
Lucky him being able to actually see out of his mirrors.

Also had a few cars not too happy when I come up behind them at night...their reactions seem to hint at my lights pointing slightly higher than normal.....on the plus side...they always pull over..
But then again....just passed its MOT where she will have had her lights tested...so.....

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to the information provided I have completed the 1st mod to the headlight so that on high beam both low and high beam are on. Just waiting for the hid units to arrive so while Nellie is in bits it's cleaning time in all those inaccessible areas. I have to say its proper grubby in places! Nice one guys I am grateful and I will update when the HID's are fitted. :)

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got in from work a bit early and decided to have a play. Made a mount to Errols design with a slight mod to account for the alarm. Modded the ballast mounts and fitted the bulbs. By the time I was done I decided to push the still very stripped down Nellie to the end of the drive and have a bit of a test. I don't think the neighbours appreciated the noise but a quick adjustment and chuff me what a difference. The best bit is it wasn't even an expensive modification. I fitted 55w AC units which came with a two year warranty and all in fitted under £40.00. Just got to tidy up the wiring at the weekend and whilst it's in bits a good old clean round the top of the engine. Top job all round and thanks to Errols information this was an easy job. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I was sat watching the telly (motorbike program) and my mind drifted to the shortening days and the need for a semi decent headlight. Now I know Nellies headlight will never be great but mine is all over the place. Dip beam seems to point to the heavens and the main beam to the deck about ten feet in front of the bike. I initially thought the switch was wrong but alas no. So here's the question before I pull the bike to bits what adjustment is available and are both beams adjusted separately. I could just dive in but I have no doubt that someone out there will have had a similar issue.:doh:

Thanks all
Hi there, I was looking for the adjusting screw and finally found it, at the upper back of the headlight housing at one O clock, you need a long (very) narrow Philips screwdriver and clockwise for up and duther way for down, just tested it, fine 👍.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts