Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all went to change a blown bulb the other day what a choir,having to be a contortionist to remove the screws holding the covers on ,has anyone done a bulb up grade if so what was best?? anyone got a workshop manual that shows how to do thease straight forward tasks (gone are the days off bulb and plug changes by the road side then ) seriously anyone got a workshop manual for the trek if yes where did you get it as i will need one for other tasks in the near future.NO I DID NOT GET THE COVER OFF BECAUSE THE SCREWS HAD CHOCOLATE HEADS ON SO LOOKS LIKE WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE WHOLE FRONT UNIT AND DRILL THE DUFF ONES OUT LOL

·
keeft
70 Posts
Ferret

Replaced my dipped with 70watt blue/white type off Ebay, I took off the side fairing panels and then turned the steering to opposite lock to let a slim stubby screwdriver in. Once you have done one, and learn't the knack, the other takes 30secs tops!! The blue/white 70's really stand out and get you noticed.

I will suggest high powered halogen work lamps to see everything clearly, especially if your over 40 with fading low light eyesight :( :(

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx guys did it in the end but you wouldnt be doing that at the side of road like you did in the old days lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
headlight bulbs

Hi gents watch out for over doing the wattage of the bulbs as we have seen 2 tnt's with misshapen reflectors with 100 watt bulbs fitted (not sure about 70watt). The standard headlight is usually ok when set up correctly :)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drill some vent holes in the unit this will help prevent warping the internal reflector

·
Registered
35 Posts
This may be a silly question...but the headlight has 6 bulbs - 2 side, 2 dipped and 2 high beam. Just wanted to double check the 2 lowest bulbs are high beam and the four above are side and dipped. I get a lot of drivers flashing me or fog light flashing me to dip my lights when I'm travelling with what my bike indicates as dipped beam. I'm sure it is set up correctly but am starting to have doubts. Cheers.

·
Registered
290 Posts
This may be a silly question...but the headlight has 6 bulbs - 2 side, 2 dipped and 2 high beam. Just wanted to double check the 2 lowest bulbs are high beam and the four above are side and dipped. I get a lot of drivers flashing me or fog light flashing me to dip my lights when I'm travelling with what my bike indicates as dipped beam. I'm sure it is set up correctly but am starting to have doubts. Cheers.
Ignore the blighters there just jealous:D

·
Registered
332 Posts
adjusting main beam

Just been trying to drop the main beam, as pilots shake their fists at me. Took off side panels, took off lamp covers. Manual says screw out to lower the beam, but it seemed to make no difference. I drew a line level with the lamp on my garage wall, and I swear main and dipped beam make almost the same pattern, and dipped is no lower. Riding after dark last night I could hardly tell the difference. Still, don't need an MOT for another 2 years..

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i fitted some 100 watt bulbs in the end supplier said they will be a ok seems ok so far much better and ive been flashed too which means seen at last ,I WOULD RATHER GET FLASHED THAN TRASHED LIKE I DID ON THE BUELL,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts