Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't suppose anybody has removed the headlight & fairing assembly? I've removed the bolts but can't work out how to unplug the electrical cables to completely remove unit. I think if I can remove screen it will be obvious but removing screen isn't straight forward. I need to replace a part and thought I could save a few quid, but it isn't going to plan!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
removing the screen

Hi

To take the screen off, I usually first remove the tank side panels - not strictly neccessary, but gets them out of the way and stops you damaging them.

Then loosen the thumbscrews for the screen, but don't remove, and undo the screws holding the two screen mount triangles. The screen should be loose now.

Then go to the front of the bike, and poke a long allen key up behind the thin 'nose' of the fairing, in line with the nose. You need a longish key, and it's hard to see what you're doing. Once you find the bolt, remove it, and the screen can be removed, though you have to jiggle it a bit.

Hope that works for you.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i have had the lights out a few times so remove as other post .Then remove the 3 small screws behim the lenses an prise of the 2 small covers then remove wires this frees the lights up then just disconnect the loom for the clocks and hey presto hopefully .don't take my word for it as gospel as it depends on who's put it together in the first place lol if it was a friday bike at 4pm probably no screws lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent - thank you very much for the advice. It is the bolt "up the nose" that is causing me grief (now I know it is there!). I'll borrow some long allen keys this weekend and keep working on it. Thanks again. Brilliant support.:clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts