Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that you can hold the high beams button down half way to get the high and low beams @ the same time.

Has anyone rewired the high beams to do this as a default?

It would help me dodge the deer.

BULL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re-wiring the headlight for Constant Low Beam

Bull, we have a similar problem with roos, but unless you're taking it slow, there's nothing much you can do if they decide to take you on. A broader beam of light would be better though.

If you select low beam, and actuate the "Passing" switch, you'll get low & high beams together. I often do this in very tight corners, where high beam doesn't spread enough, and low beam dips away to nothing as you lean into a corner. With both on, the view is improved.

I've had a look at re-wiring it so that the low beam remains on when high is selected. At the moment it is hard to say what to do, though, since I've convinced myself that there is an error in the wiring diagram. In the switch block on the left bar, there is the mode switch (which grounds pin 11 in the dash) and the dimmer switches (which should connect 12V to the low or high beam relay solenoids). Both of these switches are commoned on the circuit diagram - not possible without sparks!

I'll try to resolve this when I've got the tank off next. If anyone else can make sense of it, please let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deer Issues

Johnny,

I have a funny story about the deer devices. My dad hit a deer a few years back. That Christmas, my mom's parents gave him a set of those devices. He thought it was a joke and made an ass out of himself. They had their feelings hurt and my mom threw a fit about it. He but them on his BMW 750iL to save the marriage. What's funny is that he hit another deer about 3 months later. :)

Engenia,

If you figure it out, please let me know. The road to my house has about 4 tight corners in 2 miles and at night, it's a pain. The light issue is just as you described it - low beams are behind the bike in a turn and the highs go staight ahead like a laser.

Until I can figure this out, I'll just keep the button 1/2 way in.

-BULL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Deer Issues

Can't you adjust the lights a little so the main beam isn't so high? I know this will possibly reduce the dip beam, but I am always getting cars flashing at me regardless of the fact I am on dip beam anyway!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re-wiring the headlight for Constant Low Beam

Both of these switches are commoned on the circuit diagram - not possible without sparks!
Isn't this possible if they use a diode?

BULL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts