Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
The dealer I got my Cafe Racer from last month installed a map, my paperwork shows it as "TNT300.WFL headlight oscillation map". They also set the tps and CO. Thing runs beautifully.:D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hey LWS66,

Can you check whether your headlight turns off at tickover when the fans are on? "Headlight oscillation" map sounds like the one which makes the headight turn on and off, rather than one which fixes this annoying trait.

I think you need to get the fans on to lower the battery voltage but maybe its simply done by rpm. In any event, they go off at tickover and come back on when you revs it slightly. Of course, if your tickover is set high, this will mask the effect.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey LWS66,

Can you check whether your headlight turns off at tickover when the fans are on? "Headlight oscillation" map sounds like the one which makes the headight turn on and off, rather than one which fixes this annoying trait.

I think you need to get the fans on to lower the battery voltage but maybe its simply done by rpm. In any event, they go off at tickover and come back on when you revs it slightly. Of course, if your tickover is set high, this will mask the effect.

Cheers

Chris
Have'nt noticed the lights flickering at all. The mechanic and I discussed the flickering lights, and that was what was changed, as well as the fueling map. I've read of various fueling problems here on these bikes and can say I don't have those problems at all. The thing runs friggin' great. Stonkin' stump puller:D My idle is at about 1500rpm on the tach.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just spoke to the Aussie importers and they confirmed the new map corrects the headlight problem but does not correct the fueling. It will be installed as a recall at no cost when they contact us.
Cheers Mike.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Out of interest, I checked mine this morning (just before the hot starting problems :doh:) and when the fans come on at tickover, the headlights go out. My tickover is set just below 1500rpm. Blip it to 2000 and the headlights come back on

Rather surprised to hear that the Benelli R & D team have been flat out sorting the headlight problem and not the fuelling (actually no I'm not!).

Mine runs great after Rusty played with it so I'm not sure I want the new map to screw up the fuelling. Especially since I'm fitting a headlight switch

·
Registered
78 Posts
I actually raised this issue with the importer after I was pulled over by over zealous police. Vicroads suggested the light issue probably made the bike unroadworthy hence the recall. I really HOPE the new map corrects the issue and still allows the fan to run so we dont overheat. Will let you know once its been in.

Apparently the headlight map was readily available so there wasnt any R&D required as such. The fueling is a seperate issue however apparently there are fixes for that too.. So far the current importer has been very receptive to issues and equally responsive so Im staying hopeful.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Has anyone heard of this map being available in the Uk? These flickering lights are doing my head in, I am tired of other road users gesticulating that my lights are shorting out.

·
Registered
346 Posts
What are tps and CO?
Throttle Position Sensor was set within min/max specs, set carburetion correction to 1.05 (not sure what that is), and CO to 1.20. Not sure what the hell map I have for fueling/ignition or what the ideal settings are though:doh: , just know it runs great with no glitches or surging/flat spots. :D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
This bot only happens to the TNT. Whilst a Silverstone with Chris (owldgit) his 1130 Tornado does same i.e. at tickover when fans cut in, the headlights drop to side (position) light.
Doesn't happen on the 900 Tornados, wonder if the 899 TNT is affected?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts