Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am based near Warrington Cheshire and have been looking at a Tornado 1130 TRE as a replacement for my outgoing Honda Firestorm.
I have never owned or ridden a Benelli and have always thought of them as Exotica well out of my reach.
I would like to thank the members on here for the advice I have gleamed from posts which have helped me make the decision to buy a Benelli (green and silver of course).
Just need to get it passed by the wife now.....:doh:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Welcome there Owdgit :) . Warrington reet its a place famous for chris evans,big brewery and lots of inviting women on a night out (dont tell the misses how i know!).
1130 tornado - nowt like going straight in and playing with the big boys , look forward to hearing what you buy and where are you thinking of trying for one - dealer - private ?. Angus. ps the colour reds good as well - and yellow - and black and silver whilst your at it - in fact any colour as long as its a Benelli !! (didnt take you long to see the threads are colour orientated :rolleyes: .

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
welcome

Hello all, I am based near Warrington Cheshire and have been looking at a Tornado 1130 TRE as a replacement for my outgoing Honda Firestorm.
I have never owned or ridden a Benelli and have always thought of them as Exotica well out of my reach.
I would like to thank the members on here for the advice I have gleamed from posts which have helped me make the decision to buy a Benelli (green and silver of course).
Just need to get it passed by the wife now.....:doh:
welcome to the forum mate, well done for making up your mind to go for a benelli, you will have ups & downs, tears & smiles but in genral you will love it. The best things are the exclusivity, looks, handling, performance & the sound......well its out there on its own. The forum has got some top guys on it who will give you good honest advice & support. Hope you get a good one, Red RS`s are the tops in my book.....i would say that though :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Bl**dy Hell you meet the quickest,friendliest people with red ones first to say hi so says me and lee :rolling: . yellow,black/silver and green and silver owners form an orderly line :rolling:

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
red to the front

Bl**dy Hell you meet the quickest,friendliest people with red ones first to say hi so says me and lee :rolling: . yellow,black/silver and green and silver owners form an orderly line :rolling:
its as it should be, Red RS`s first, all other benelli`s second :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
One at my local dealer that has only done 175 miles, the first owner couldnt get on with it, how on earth do you find that out after 175 miles?
You are right though, they look good in all the colours but I fancy the green and silver as it harks back to the early race bikes. Not that I am that old.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
One at my local dealer that has only done 175 miles, the first owner couldnt get on with it, how on earth do you find that out after 175 miles?
You are right though, they look good in all the colours but I fancy the green and silver as it harks back to the early race bikes.
hello, we have got a bit of a purist here ;)
i am a bit biased mate, i just love Red RS`s, mind you saying that, my one is in the Spray shop as i type for a Race Rep paint job. All Benelli`s look good, the Green & silver is traditional & it is a lovely shade of green. As for the guy that only did 175 miles, he has probably gone a got a "Hardly Davison soft tail tractor". His loss is hopefully your gain mate :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
funny you should say that, they tell me he bought a cruiser.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I love all the colours and aim to own each one of the range by the time i'm an old person - Damn I'm old !!!!! - well i've had the green/silver , got the Red so only two more to go ;) .

That 175 mile one is the one in KJM i bet and it may of been the demo one hence the miles or just a bit too much for a non purist like us lot . Buying any Benelli is good . join the madhouse !!.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Don't do it mate.....these bike are $hite!!!! :mad:

............and as for the rest of you guys, stop encouraging potential new owners or everyone will have them after the know how good they are :ele: :clap:

Oh, and welcome aboard Owdgit.

They are all good guys at KJM and you are very fortunate if you have them on your doorstep. I've bought my last 3 Tornado's from them and I wouldn't go anywhere else now.

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
funny you should say that, they tell me he bought a cruiser.
like i tell the wife..... I AM ALWAYS RIGHT :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yes, KJM, they reasured me it isnt an ex demo, not that matters much.
I think I am winning the wife over, shame there isnt a pillion seat on it. :)
Laurence, are you the owner that travels from Edinburgh to have his bike serviced?

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shhhh, she doesnt know the cowl comes off, I told her the rear footpegs are for tying luggage to.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
ok, it's just between you and me and the gate post !

:rolling:

(and several hundred Forum members........... well maybe 20 or 30 :eek: )

:D

p.s. the last time I mentioned something like this on the forum my mates wife spotted it and found he'd just bought a Tornado without telling her !:doh:

Needless to say the Shit Hit the Fan ! YUK !

:rolling:

p.p.s. he's as happy as Pig in Shit though now he's got it ;)

:rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Laurence, are you the owner that travels from Edinburgh to have his bike serviced?
Yip, that'll be me :eek:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is one hell of a journey for a service, they must be good.
Hope I can sort out the deal.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Dont mean to be nosey but are you part exchanging your firestorm and going for finance ?. I'm just in discussion with a certain party to buy another varation of the Tornado and I have a big decision to make about my RS. Have you test rode a Tornado at all as i guess once bitten always smitten !! - mentioning us lot on here might mean you pay more :rolling: .

1 - 20 of 64 Posts