Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have had issues this year with my tnt899s cutting out ten minutes into a run whilst riding luckily at low speeds, the bike is getting hot , has exhaust flaps open and always pops at low speed. This last time was going up a hill when there was a loud pop and it stalled. tthen the fuel pump is not starting after key turn so can't restart the bike its firing but not kicking in. Had a recovery guy come out who thought it was injectors or fuel pump but definitely fuel related. Got it home in his van and then starts first thing this morning, starts repeatedly at home after left running.
having spent a while going through the forum I was interested In anyone with experience of tip over switch or Iacv issues, to see if I can get my local bike garage to look into both, or if not it's a costly van from bennetts.
or anyone with any other suggestions what it could be?

Thanks for for any guidance or other suggestions..

mark

·
Registered
986 Posts
It won't be the IACV, it can't stop the pump running and only causes running problems at idle and small throttle openings.

The tip over switch will stop the pump, but AFAIK it also stops everything else (injection and sparks) so if the engine is trying to start that seems unlikely as well.

Possibly a bad fuel pump or a problem in it's supply path i.e. relay, fuse and connectors.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It won't be the IACV, it can't stop the pump running and only causes running problems at idle and small throttle openings.

The tip over switch will stop the pump, but AFAIK it also stops everything else (injection and sparks) so if the engine is trying to start that seems unlikely as well.

Possibly a bad fuel pump or a problem in it's supply path i.e. relay, fuse and connectors.
thanks Mike most appreciated, it did have a new fuel pump under warranty by previous owner..will look into the supply path as it was trying to start, just strange the way it starts cold ok

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Just a thought - The fuel pipe has a solid inner which kinks fairly easily if the tank is pulled about too much without disconnecting it. Has anyone done any recent work on the bike with the tank off?
And yes, I speak from experience :doh:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to bennetts found it was a faulty crank sensor

thanks to Matt at bennetts who spent time running through the bike, found to be a faulty crank sensor, fitted a spare one they had in stock, after he tried to repair mine but bike kept cutting out..Also had it serviced and a remap bike ran like a dream on the ride back to Derby through the torrential downpours :bawl: which being a fair weather biker was a new experience.
Wanted to share on here for anyone that has similar problems in future.
cant thank bennetts enough great service and hopefully plenty of biking when the sun re appears in the rainy uk..:rolling::ele:

Reactions: ianh
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.