Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help Beni Has A Miss Fire

MMM. NOT Happy :(

Beni has developed a miss-fire at below 3000 rpm. :(
It ran fine last week but did notice that the throttle was a bit on/off if i let the rev's drop to low (3000 or less) :confused:
Started to day and went for a ride but within 2mins had a splutter. :bawl: It was low on fuel so filled it up, 15.5 ltrs of fuel but still no better. :(
It runs on all 3 above 3000 and is its usual :D self but below it is not happy. This is a intermittent mis-fire and goes away when rev'd, tic's over fine for a few sec's then miss's for a bit then back to 3 then miss's again.
It has only done 3900 miles.
Is it going to be a dealer issue (or cud i fix it myself :beat: :smashpc:) and is it going to be expensive :spank:
If any one has any ideas or has had a similar problem your assistance would be greatly recieved. :eek:

·
1,841 Posts
Prob the middle ign coil shorting, its very common, water gets in.Try the search, Lloyd gave a good explaination of how to sort it... Mine has not shorted, but was well crudded when i had a look.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
re Misfire

Yep sounds like the middle cylinder plug has got the usual build up of water etc and has corroded as well,mine did it and you should find that if the drain for the airbox has not been corrected then this will also be draining any residue water onto it, they should be cleaned and silicon greased to also ensure no water ingress,note drain should be moved/altered if not already done . a replacement coil if required can be purchased from a good benelli dealer (bennetts) . please see other posts on here for removal as it does take some understanding otherwise items can get damaged,i purchased a new coil very similar to original which was new from a peugeot dealer (i've wrote over this on here). let us know how you get on . note if you want to check centre coil / plug there is no need to take bodywork off only airbox/tank but this procedure must be done by certain methods(anyone else dangled themselves upside down to undo the airbox retaining clamps !!!!!) . if you need to discuss this russ at bennetts is great and of course they could do this job for you and would alter the drain hole as well as see if you want the airbox sender re-siting (it gets very dirty around it). I'm not on commision but they could be best people for your area to approach. Good luck .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks lads

Thanks for the info guys.
I think a fone call to DK will be made and it can go for a service at the same time. No offence Russ :bow: :bow: (if you read this) but its got 2 more years warrenty with DK. I just don't like being without my beni tucked up warm and safe in the garage so i thought i might tackle it myself, but it sounds a bit of a job so they may aswell do it. Wash :bow: (DK's Benelli man) seems to know them inside out.
Is the stepper motor a warrenty mod or just when it brakes-replace it.?.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts