Benelli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waited 4 months to get my 1130 Cafe and all was well untill the thing just quit at 130kph, like someone shut off the iginition. Fuel is good, pump primes but its like it has no spark. Checked all fuses and tryed taking off negative terminal to reset but no luck. When bike first quit the lap timer had decided to start? I have no idea, has anyone incountered this at all. Ran bike 100 k in 32 degreee celcus weathewr with no problem. It started hot no problem and showed no other signs of a fuel or elec problem. Please, any ideas or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. London.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Waited 4 months to get my 1130 Cafe and all was well untill the thing just quit at 130kph, like someone shut off the iginition. Fuel is good, pump primes but its like it has no spark. Checked all fuses and tryed taking off negative terminal to reset but no luck. When bike first quit the lap timer had decided to start? I have no idea, has anyone incountered this at all. Ran bike 100 k in 32 degreee celcus weathewr with no problem. It started hot no problem and showed no other signs of a fuel or elec problem. Please, any ideas or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. London.
I had this happening this afternoon - the bike just shuts down. I had that once in a busy road 2 weeks ago.

Today, it was on the A268 going to Rye - the bike restarted straight away, but this is a very strange sensation and I hope not having that on a motorway. Time to service the bike, so I will mention this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it is oil related. When I turn on the iginition the red alert light flashes and the word oil comes up on the dash. With the bike still unable to start I don't know if this is part of the normal start up dash dispaly or not. When I unplug the sensor at the bottom of the clutch side of crankcase the oil and alert light go out and the bike fires once and quits. I have a feeling it is a sensor gone bad. Any ideas guys? Bike will still not start and is loaded back on truck to return for 3rd visit in first 100km. London.:doh:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think it is oil related. When I turn on the iginition the red alert light flashes and the word oil comes up on the dash. With the bike still unable to start I don't know if this is part of the normal start up dash dispaly or not.
this is the normal start up process - at least that what's showing on mine

·
Registered
83 Posts
My tre is the same, will always flash red with an oil warning on ignition, as soon as you fire her up though she's grand. Although one or twice my bike has just shut off too, usually when i open her up! Enigine light comes on and she dies, But she'll start up straight away. When i had her looked at i was told i had run dirty fuel through her. He tinkered with it and it still does it once in a blue moon? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
The red flashing light and 'Oil' displayed in the dash when you turn on the ignition is normal but these should disappear as soon as the engine starts.

London,
I agree that it sounds like a sensor or maybe a duff connection somewhere.

Marco & Wee man,

The cutting out problem (which is different to London's issue) has been covered a few times on the Forum. The current 'fix' is to get your Dealers to increase the idle revs to 1500 rpm, which seems to help prevent it happening so often

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, Still won't start and battery is reading about 12.3 V. They had already uped my idel to 1500 and the bike never did stall. I am dropping it off at dealer tomorrow and he has been alerted of situation. Apparently they had a couple of techs over from Italy for a service training seminar and they used my bike and checked the started out for the hot start problem and also tore down the clutch to check it out. I am hoping they simply didn't secure a connection somewhere. I must admit this bike is a blast to ride and feels like it will turn as well as my 2005 600RR track bike. Just worried right now, these wiring gremilins can be haunting if not found. Thanks Lauraunce, London.:) Ps; do you have any idea about a tip over sensor on bike and it's location? That's exactly what it felt like and I know they won't let the bike fire untill they are righted or replaced.

·
5,963 Posts
If it's any help, the tip over sensor on the 900 is mounted on the front of the airbox.
There has been one instance on the forum of one failing. In that thread, I described how to bypass it. The factory did this on mine to solve the "stop on vibration" problem. I remounted the switch to remove the vibes, then reconnected it.

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Cheers Errol. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bad fuel pump Boys! The fuel pump was priming with igition but loosing pressure right away, they pulled the tank of a TNT in showroom and my Cafe ran like charm. Now, obtaining a fuel pump. Let's hope it's not going to be a long distance cat and mouse game like I've read about. The dealer has said if he has to he will strip one out of the TNT but he would like to give it a week to see if one shows up. Thanks for the info guys, have you heard of any other pumps quitting so early?:clap:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts