Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a little oil leak coming out from the bottom of the bike.i think it starts from the alternator.and it leaks down the breather hose.you can see in the pic.comes down the pipe (red arrow) and spreads along the wires (yellow arrows).aslo seems to splatter and the pipe.
CLICK ON THE PIC'S THEY WILL SHOW YOU BETTER..

when i look with a tourch shining into the back of the motor from top to bottom theres no oil leak anywere,only when i shine the light around near the alternator you see a bit of oil at the bottom of the alternator.
BEATS ME.....
Cheers.
madwog

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Errol.yes it was removed once before so they could replace the alternator rubber lugs.or lugs behind the alter.
i told jetsport and his ordered a new o-ring just incase it is that.
thanks mate...:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
oil leak

hi, i had the same problem and it was because the little o ring behind alternator had broke,plus all but one of my eight cush drive rubbers had disintigrated, i was advised by russ at bennetts (smashing bloke ) to clean my sump out, when i did i could not beleive all the rubbish that came out, im suprised it didnt sieze up. good luck, chris.

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting Chris thanks for that info mate,i'll have to tell the srevice dude to take a look at the sump aswell.

·
5,934 Posts
Steve, you don't need a new o-ring unless it's completely destroyed. Just cut about 20mm out of it (including the bit that was damaged when it was replaced) & superglue it back together.

I've described it at www.engenia.com.au under engine/alternator/o-ring

If it's completely stuffed, get some 3/32" or 2.4mm section o-ring strip & make your own. Cheap as chips, and the job's done in minutes.

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Errol for that.but you know jetsports going to do it now,so i'll keep this in mind for next time it comes around and i'll give it a go myself.
Cheers...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts