Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My benelli is the standard tre and the frame says it was born in 04. Could you lot please tell me whether:
1. does she have an imobiliser as standard? (proper one, not the inbuilt refusal to work sometimes)?
2. Does the standard tre have the slipper clutch?
3. why is the manual soo badly translated
4. are the following optional extras available to purchase? :-
i. benelli wrist strengthener
ii. A neutral
iii. fuel economy
iv. exhaust silencer
v. A proximity alarm - i.e. when it senses there is not enough people
admiring it, it shouts "look at me I'm the best looking bike ever made".
vi. cloaking device (for when you're in a hurry)
;)

questions 1 and 2 are serious though, also am looking for a benelli branded tank protector :D

one more queston. Has anyone had an acumen alarm&imobiliser fitter? is it worth it?

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
No alarms/imobilisers from new. Buy your own I'm affraid.
Slipper clutch Yes. You'll feel that everytime you pull the clutch in. A poping feeling through the leaver.
Manuals a joke.
benelli wrist strengthener? You need a special "tool" for that one!
Neutral? Yes of course. Its an art to select, on the fly only, before you stop.
Thirsty bleeder but a smallish tank doesnt help. Gives you chance to stretch though at fuel stops. Those Italians think of everything!

Klinker:D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
....also am looking for a Benelli branded tank protector.
You don't need a "Benelli Branded" tank protector. You need LAURENCE and his marvellous, pure carbon fibre, tank protector.. :clap:

Don't worry, he'll be along, peddling his wares, very soon.. :rolleyes:

·
Fyule
697 Posts
ah, the cloaking device...I found that plonking a ruddy noisy SP-1 about 60 metres in front of you on the A9 does the job, he got pulled whilst we (myself & my mate Graham, those who had a wee run down the beeftub will know who I mean) did not even though we were all travelling 'together'.

His court case comes up om the 24th of the month. yikes. bloody lucky for him the cop had a sense of hunour and decided that 99 was what he was doing at the time. :doh:

Oh and bloody lucky for us the SP-1 cloaking device works so well.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
You don't need a "Benelli Branded" tank protector. You need LAURENCE and his marvellous, pure carbon fibre, tank protector.. :clap:
Well hellllo scaley....

Fraid I ain't got any of these left for now and with the exchange rate being so crap at the moment I'm waiting for it to pick up a bit before I place another order for some more. :mad:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well hellllo scaley....

Fraid I ain't got any of these left for now and with the exchange rate being so crap at the moment I'm waiting for it to pick up a bit before I place another order for some more. :mad:
:bawl: no fair

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Slipper clutch on a tre?

I'm sure someone will correct me but I didn't think the standard tre has a slipper clutch.
The 1130 & LE have a dry clutch with slipper
Not certain what the RS has though

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm sure someone will correct me but I didn't think the standard tre has a slipper clutch.
Not certain what the RS has though
Yes, we will correct you, Nigel - the standard Tre, and the RS, most certainly have a slipper clutch, although they have wet ones!;)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
My benelli is the standard tre......
4. are the following optional extras available to purchase? :-
i. benelli wrist strengthener
ii. A neutral
v. A proximity alarm - i.e. when it senses there is not enough people
admiring it, it shouts "look at me I'm the best looking bike ever made".
The LE's come with their own special clutch that only requires little finger operation. Featherweight does not describe it :D
(sadly the 1130's dry clutch is no featherweight :( )
The LE also has a perfect neutral, well almost perfect :)
The LE has no extra draw power to punters, *but* to Benellisti it is the real Mutts Nuts :ele:

What's more these dry clutches are fully adjustable :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts