Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’ve recently brought a benelli tnt 125cc and it’s been fine and a lot of fun however a problem has arised. So the other day I fell of it going about 30mph my battery cable snapped I’ve connected the cable back up to the battery and everything was fine and working about 20 mins later I went to go on a ride and my check engine light came on and my bike started revving itself even with no throttle up to between 3000-4000 rpm does any one know what could be wrong with it ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I’ve recently brought a benelli tnt 125cc and it’s been fine and a lot of fun however a problem has arised. So the other day I fell of it going about 30mph my battery cable snapped I’ve connected the cable back up to the battery and everything was fine and working about 20 mins later I went to go on a ride and my check engine light came on and my bike started revving itself even with no throttle up to between 3000-4000 rpm does any one know what could be wrong with it ?
Hi , that could be a bent float needle in the carb, or the throttle cable routing bent, not letting the cable return freely , as for the check engine check any other wires that could have been damaged near the battery , as the engine check light is connected to crank sensors engine temp etc

·
6,029 Posts
A "bent float needle in the carb" in a TNT 125?
Rather difficult to happen on a fuel injected engine, but I'd agree with Diesel's other suggestions.

Just how you "snapped" the battery cable is worth telling .... that must have been one serious getoff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A "bent float needle in the carb" in a TNT 125?
Rather difficult to happen on a fuel injected engine, but I'd agree with Diesel's other suggestions.

Just how you "snapped" the battery cable is worth telling .... that must have been one serious getoff.
Basically it wasn’t the cable that snapped it was the metal round clip that the bolt goes through to hold the cable. Onto the battery. Thank fully I have fixed it now tho it was just the way my new cable was attached.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts