Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not posted for a while but check the forum daily. Just done over 2000mls on my Tre and its been great, only issues i have had so far has been the clocks playing up, got them changed at first service and flaking green paint, had one changed and waiting on the other to be delivered.
A question i have is regarding the suspension settings, the owners manual for the rear compression says 18 clicks as standard config from (+), but this seems to be all the way out (-). Also the rear rebound is 32 clicks standard and has 47 clicks from + to - are these right. I have a workshop manual which is totally different to the settings i got on the CD.

·
903 Posts
:hiya: Steve, the best thing to do is set them at the mid point position and adjust each one, one at time making a note on what you have done. (In case it does not work.) As each person is different (Weight, way you ride etc) you might find that the "standard setting" does not suit you (Too hard/soft.)

I found that 18 clicks from fully out on the compression and 30 clicks on the rebound worked for me and I am 84kg. (this was the settings from new on my Tre!)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Lloyd, the rear compression on mine only has 17 clicks from the all + position, no more adjustment, bit confused as the manual states 18 clicks.

How are you liking the MV.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That also answers a lot of my questions I posted at the thread about the 1130 supension settings. What is the item number on the compression damper of your bike? I will paste the text of my earlier post below:

"Gentlemen,
Again I have the problem of not speaking and writing English so well but I will try to write something understandable. Apologies for any mistakes in advance.
I also wasn't happy with the supension settings of my 900 and I decided that the standard setting were a good place to start from, because I did not know what adjustments the previous owner had made.
I found out that, according to the owners manual, the standard configuration of the rear suspension compression damper hydraulic device is 18 clicks (starting from the "all close" or "+" position). However the total range of the rule is 16 clicks:confused: . Looking closer at the picture on this page (51) of the owners manual showed that the item numer (at least I assume it is the item number) on the rule is AA1058. Number on the device of my bike is AA1419.
My questions are:
1) Does any of you guys have the same difference in itemnumer and same range of the rule?
2) Does this mean there is an error in the manual and does this also mean that the settings as given for the other parts of the supenion are unreliable? (Wouldn't surprise me, we're driving Benelli, right? )
3) Is the starndard setting of the compression damper "all open"?
3) Does anyone have a good suggestion for the suspension settings of 900 Tre (asked earlier this topic)? I am about 90 kgs (suit etc. included, honestly:D) and like to enter corners pretty fast and aggressively so my riding style could be described as sportive.
Thanks very much in advance for your replies.
Regards, Emilio"

·
903 Posts
:hiya: Stevie, glad I have been of some help. I have not been able to ride my MV much as it hurts my leg too much. Suffice to say, she is polished reguarly and has had some final touches fitted to her.

I go into hospital tomorrow (Thursday) to have further surgery to my leg, when I get out and am fit enough I will write the comparisons between my old Nelli and my MV. (Been saying that for ages but not been able to ride her to write about it!)

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Hope all goes well with the leg operation and your painfree and riding that MV before you know it.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
:I go into hospital tomorrow (Thursday) to have further surgery to my leg, when I get out and am fit enough I will write the comparisons between my old Nelli and my MV. (Been saying that for ages but not been able to ride her to write about it!)
Lloyd, my thoughts and best wishes are with you, hope all went well and your leg is good as new. I was in an outpatient facility today having my baseline colonoscopy (recommended when one turns 50 years old - I was 2 years late getting mine). Fun fun fun :spank: The good news is they found nothing out of the ordinary so I'm good for another 8 years.

Heal up fast, buddy!

cheers,
mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts