Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I must say this is the most comprehensive Benelli forum on the net!!!
I am rebuilding(raced and crashed)the first Tornado Tre imported to Australia. It was imported by Cruiz motorcycle, now bankrupt, and was the promo bike for Australia which was later raced by Ken Onus in the support races for the Aus GP.
The info on this forum has been invaluable to me for technical info, what to look for, and what to have sorted before I get the bike on the road.
After miscellaneous parts issues,including mirrors, brake light assemblies,ignition coils etc....etc... I have the bike to the point where it needs DECALS to finish the upper/fwd fairings (black Benelli with superbike underneath).
As with most parts they have been impossible to find. Not to mention the importers/distributors lack of customer service. If anyone knows where to get the original decals from, anywhere in the world (preferably in Aus,) I would greatly appreciate the details. Thanks!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fairing decals

Welcome to the forums louisifis;)

I really think that apart from approaching the factory direct to see if they would ship you over a set of decals for the bike, I would think about getting your own made.
If you know where to look then it shouldn't be a problem ... okay it might take a while but there are lots of companies out there that will do custom designs for you. By far the easiest way though would be to contact Benelli direct firstly to see what they say .... good luck:lol

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Fairing decals

Hi,

The original set of decals should be sourced from the dealers/importers as any other spare part. They would need this for almost any paint job.

If you have managed to get all the parts, I am sure you will get also these last bits.

What frame no. is yours? Just a curiosity, as I have an LE similar, yet not an LE, ZBNB300002P.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
decals

As far as inkow all Tornado's were brung into Oz by Australian Motorcycle Importers (AMI), before subsequently being taken over by Stoney Creek Power sports, although they never brung any tornado's in just the other scooters and tnts, AMI brung in all the tornado's I think the first 2 were LE's, the only ones Oz got, SCPS should be able to supply you with a decal kit, ring them up, they are on the web, or see
www.benelli.com.au
failing that , Rick Gill Honda, the Benelli dealer in West Oz has a Mechanic called Cody, that sourced a locally made "Benelli" side fairing decal for me, but this was for my RS, and so it doesnt have the "superbike" writing underneath the "Benelli" lettering. and the only way they made up mine was by scanning the sticker on the other side. seriously though, the importers should be able to source it for you,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks

Thanks guys
bath of kylies-just emailed brabantmotors, hope to hear from them soon.

aussievtr-ami was the initial importer, but then I think Cruiz Motorcycles had a go of bringing them in for a while, until the Benelli factory went bankrupt. Hence the end of Cruiz. His race time are at- www.ma.org.au/AM/Template...ileID=4456

aquilla-213 is my vin number!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Decals

CaptCommando..... can I have a couple, I want a Benelli one and the Novecento TRE one to stick on the bumper of my car!

Please, Please PLEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Australian service

Ha! If you checked around Australia, you didn't try too hard, I have been the Service Manager for the Australian Benelli importers for the last 4 years and am the Sales & Service Manager now, I haven't been contacted by you or any dealer with an inquiry from you.

Ken raced the Tornado RS for Cruiz, he only did one club day on it.

Since Benelli have come back, our Parts Dept is slowly increasing their stock holding, there was only ever 8 Tornado RS's imported into Australia so the Tornado RS hasn't been a priority but parts orders are being received from Italy, just go to A1 Motorcycles and they can order anything you want, easy.

My email address is [email protected] email me if you have any problems with dealers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Australian service

Thanks Johnny O. I had called A1 about two weeks ago and they said they would call me back. This is the third item I have called them for and they always say they would call back but never do. I am sick of chasing them!!!

In future, it would be great if I can contact you direct. I have your email now so expect to hear from me from time to time.Thanks very much!!! :D :D :D

P.S- Originally when I contacted SCPS, I was told I could not deal with them directly, as I was not a dealer. Is this still the case???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YEP

John, not really to be contacted any more re parts, thats what the parts dude a SCPS is for, go to www.benelli.com.au and see the contact number and email, really though you HAVE to go through a Dealer, this new dealer list for SCPS is on the site. the Spares dept at Benelli Oz are slowly coming to grips we servicing us all.Whats A1 currently got benelli wise on the shop floor?, i almost bought my RS from them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Australian service

Johnny O, is there any more history you can enlighten me on about this bike?
I was under the impression it was a standard Tre, but you stated Ken raced an RS- I definitely know this is Ken's bike because Bill ( not sure what the surname is)who was with Cruiz, described it perfectly, from the scratched up tank to the small dent in the swingarm. Is there any way of confirming this, possibly via the chassis/vin number?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Piece of P*ss

RS in Oz are only red and black, with carbon coated 50mm forks, black frame, black swingarm, Rs logo on the tacho, adjustable steering damper, both hi and lo speed comp damping on the rear shock, oil cooler yadda yadda. I can post you a pic of what one looks like exactly :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RS?

Mine has silver swingarm, wheels, frame etc,etc not black like on the RS. Unfortunately, dont think mine is an RS:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Standard Tre

are better street bikes than the RS according to everyone, are parts are easier to get :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ex Cruiz bike

Well it's not an RS, Ken did not race the Tornado only the RS, their Tornado was raced by Alan Morison, he does all the stunts at the Phillip Island MotoGP on the Buell.

That bike was run twice without coolant in, it was quite rattly last time I heard it, I was very impressed with the Benelli engine when I saw it come in from races without coolant in!

I don't know if the old pics of me racing the Tornado on are on here but behind me you can see Alan on the other Tornado. I think Al only raced it at Broadford but the Cruiz Motorcycles guys thrashed to hell at some Phillip Island track days.

I know A1 were a little hard to deal, they were going through some staff changes, things should be better now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Ex Cruiz bike

OK......... So my bike was not raced by Ken but by Alan, and not at Phillip Island but Broadford and had no coolant, was thrashed and was rattly.........WHOA!!!!!!! Not the bike I thought.

At this stage I havent got it running yet. I have the coils sortedbut am waiting for the tank to come back from MCR. I also still have Engenias battery cable mod, and the tank quick release connection I want to fit.

I definitely know there is now coolant in the bike but I assume, because they had it on the track, they were not allowed to run coolant but only straight water.

It also sounds like I might be up for a clutch basket.Does anyone know whether this would still be covered under the factory recall or if required, would I have to pay for it myself??

Any info would be appreciated!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
clutch

How do you know it needs a clutch? It is from the early batch but I think Cruiz may have replaced it, you'll have to inspect it.

Benelli sent out enough free clutch baskets to cover all the applicable bikes, I have two baskets left but I know which bikes they are for and yours isn't one of them.

I sent clutch baskets to Cruiz, you'll have to check to see if it was fitted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: clutch

Sorry JohnnyO, when you said it sounded rattly, I assumed you meant the clutch.

Could the rattling you described be a symptom of something else I should investigate?

I will be checking the clutch basket and the valve clearances, is there anything else you suggest I should look at? :\

1 - 20 of 25 Posts