Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI TO ONE AND ALL IN THE BENELLI FORUM.
I AM A NEW MEMBER CALLED SIMON OR PONY TO MY FRIENDS. SO IF YOU LIKE, OWN, RIDE A BENELLI ITS PONY.
I LIVE IN MAYFIELD JUST OUTSIDE ASHBOURNE IN DERBYSHIRE. WE ARE ABOUT 16MILES FROM MATLOCK. THE GATEWAY TO THE PEAKS (GREAT IF U LIKE TRAFFIC JAMS AND CARS FULL OF OLD FOLK WHO STOP ANYWHERE TO LOOK AT A HILL).
I AM A JAP BIKE CONVERT HAVING HAD MANY MANY BIKES IN MY 24YEARS ON THE ROAD. 32 YEARS IF YOU COUNT THE TIME UP THE FIELDS ON MOTORCROSSERS (THAT I NEVER MASTERED). I AM NOW THE VERY PROUD OWNER OF A TORNADO RS IN YELLOW.:bow:
I HAD IT NEW IN 06 FROM DK WHO HAVE BEEN BRILLIANT WITH SERVICING AND WARRENTY WORK. (AND FOR A FEW HUNDRED POUNDS GAVE ME 2 EXTRA YEARS WARRENTY). I'M UP FOR ANY RIDES OUT, MEETS TRIPS PROVIDED THEY DON'T CLASH WITH MY COMMITMENTS TO THE BRITISH/WORLD SUPERBIKE MARSHALLING FOR RACESAFE.
I ALSO HAVE A VERY GOOD FRIEND CALLED LEE WHO RUNS A PUB, MFN:) , AT SHIPLEY NOTTS WHO HAS A BIKE NITE ON A WED THRO THE SUMMER AND IT WOULD BE GOOD TO GET SOME BENELLI'S THERE SO I CAN RAG HIM ABIT.(HE RIDES A R1 SP)
AS FELLOW BENELLI OWNERS, IF YOUR ROUND THIS WAY YOUR R WELCOME AT MINE FOR A BREW AND TO MEET ME, THE WIFE AND DAUGHTER .

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Greetings Pony and welcome to the Forum......... so it was you that bought the Yellow one;) ............ (did you get the free pair of Benelli sunglasses with it):rolling:

As much as I like a wee run now and again, It's kinda far for me to drop in for that cup of tea but the offer to meet the wife and daughter is tempting :D :eek: :D. Never say never I suppose.

Have you ever paid a visit to Bennetts in Barnsley? If not, it may be worth making the effort to meet the mighty Russ. (what that guy doesn't know about these bikes you could just about fit on the back of a postage stamp)

Anyway, bye for now.

PS What's wrong with old folk anyway!!!! :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Old Folk

:mad: OLD FOLK, LIVIN AROUND HERE I DON'T SEE THE WOUNDER IN LOOKING AT A GREEN FIELD, A COW, A SHEEP OR FOR THAT MATTER A THURMOS OF TEA OR A RED TARTAN BLANKET. BUT I SUPPOSE THAT WILL COME WITH AGE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WARM WELCOME. IT SEEMS LIKE QUITE A LARGE FRIENDLY FAMILY BUT THEN YOU DO FIND THAT MORE OWNING A BENELLI OVER A JAP/OTHER BIKE. BY THE WAY MY STEP DAUGHTER IS ONLY 12 AND A RITE SH* I MEAN LOVELY GIRL:doh:. BUT THE WIFE. . . WELL. . . WA HAY
I HAVE MEET RUSS SEVERAL TIMES AND IT WAS HE WHO FIRST TOLD ME THAT HE THORT THE YELLOW RS WAS INDEED A LIMITED RUN AND WAS ALSO THE FASTEST AND BEST MODEL/COLOUR BY FAR. HE ALSO SAID WOT GOOD TASTE I HAD FOR BUYING SUCH A BEAUTIFULL PIECE FOR ITALIAN ENGINEERING.
AT LEAST THATS WOT I HEARD ANYWAY.
NEVER MENTIONED ANY FREE SUNGLASSES BUT THEN HE IS FROM YORKSHIRE.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Pony and welcome to the NELLI gang, I have a cafe racer and ride with a Worcester based club, we have been upto Matlock a few times and have experianced the flask and tarten blanket army first hand :doh: next time we are up I will give you a nod (prob a bit later in year when weather gets better) and we could meet up :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Meeting Up

IT WOULD BE A PLEASURE TO MEET UP WHEN YOUR NEXT AROUND THIS WAY. I AM AWAY ABIT THRO SUMMER WITH THE SUPERBIKE MARSHALING BUT WILL DO MY BEST.
ITS JUST STARTED TO SNOW ALITTLE HERE :mad: SO I LIKE THE SOUND OF THE "WARMER WEATHER".
ROLL ON SUMMER (BETTER THAN LAST YEAR PLZ:bawl: ) AND NELLI RIDING,

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome Pony

I used to live bout 15-20 mls away from Matlock - but have now moved further North. No doubt in the summer I will head back that way for a blast

I have been to MFN (used to live 8 mls from Eastwood) and have only ever seen one green and silver one there - I hung around a while hoping to bump into the owner but left before he did !

Roll on spring :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
M.f.n.

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME
ALWAYS WECOME HERE IF U R THIS WAY.
MINE WAS THERE A COUPLE OF TIMES IN THE SECOND HALF OF SUMMER(ha:rolling: ) LAST YEAR BUT MOST WEDNESDAY NITES,USUALLY AS I PUT THE KEY IN THE BIKE TO START IT, IT STARTED TO RAIN. SO SORRY TO EVERYONE FOR THAT. I DID SEE A GREEN/ SILVER 1 THRE ONCE BUT NEVER SAW WHO OWNED IT.
IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET A FEW THERE THIS SUMMER.:clap:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome Pony, I'm relatively new to the forum (6mths) and live in a small village outside Worksop, so not too far from you. I'm sure, like me, you'll find the forum invaluable for friendly help and advice and fantastic group buy opportunities thanks to Laurence. I'd be definately up for a big meet up when the weather improves so have to keep posted. Dave.
P.S If KurtP turns out don't forget to ask for an autograph, he's famous you know!! :rolling:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Welcome PONY.

What's with the SHOUTING. I've got a spare keyboard if the CAPS-LOCK key is stuck on yours.. :rolling:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
A SPEAK UP I CAN'T HEAR U. :D
BUT SERIOUSLY THANKS FOR THE WELCOME FROM DAVE & STEPHEN(and all the others)
TO BE HONEST I CAN'T SPELL IN LOWER CASE.
BUT JUST FOR YOU....... thre yoo go as thit batter.:rolling:
Other than his very nice welcome to the forum i'm not sure i've ever heard of kurtp:)bow: just incase i,m not worthy) so y do i need his autograph,mindyou his pic and grey nelli does remind me of the fellow with the SNUG fitting leathers on the bennetts add on tv. Maybe its just the tele cameras ,they say they make everything look bigger.:rolling:

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Please stop with the kurt worship, nah he's a good lad really and he is the one in the Bennetts advert, but her behind him is a right corker with or without leathers!! met her with Kurt at Oulton Park last year.

PS and he does not have insurance with Bennetts:rolling:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well thats me off to watch men and motors then.:p
So that is Kurtp. Well done for that kurtp,.. But i'm i rite in saying that his head lite is out on 1 of the shots as he rides by.???.
Not that i'm jealous about it at all but maybe it wud have bin better if it had bin a
yellow rs:bow: :bow:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
But - for the record - I DO have insurance (albeit not with Bennetts !!)

I dont think they picked me to lead it cos of my bike - I guess it was more to do with my debonair good looks !!! :rolling: :rolling:

At the initial time of contact with Bennetts I had a yellow firestorm, so obviously they like yellow, but probably not at the front !! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

The advert was filmed over 3 days - sometimes they wanted headlights on -other times they wanted it off (oo eerr madam) - then they edit it all together and what you see on TV is fractionally similar to actual events !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
As i am new to the forum, i do not wish to offend
BUT
wot does it say about your looks when you are pictured thro the whole add with your helmet ON.:rolling:
At least your firestorm was a good colour.. Were they as bad on fuel as people used to say.
They had quite a small tank as well didn't they.
Their reputation put me off having 1 and i bought a fireblade instead. . . . closest i've bin to a firestorm wud have bin a cx 500 a long time ago. (i was young and poor).
Not that i'm saying a firestorm is like a cx ofcourse.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
wot does it say about your looks when you are pictured thro the whole add with your helmet ON.:rolling:
...'cause this is what he looks like when he takes it off ;)

BUT JUST FOR YOU....... thre yoo go as thit batter.:rolling:
Hey Pony, you type like how that French Policeman in 'Allo 'Allo talks:rolling:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LAURENCE
I was pissing past your lust entry and thort i wod replee.:rolling:
BY GOD that kurtp is a looker, No wonder they had him on the add,
And a grey and blach tre to take the attention from them beautiful teeth. :D
STUNIN

(Sorry kurtp)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Thats exactly why they picked me (OR SO THEY TOLD ME !!) :bawl:

Hahahaha

It was a good laugh actually - but 3 days in Wales last March in the freezing cold aint exactly my idea of a good time !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Wales

Spent a lot of time over the last 20 years riding in wales, horse shoe pass, lake bala, abagavenny(its welsh god knows if i spelt it rite or not) mostly mid to south tho. Down to x gates cafe then back up towards newtown/welshpool then up to whore and on home. 300 miles in aday.a nice ride out and some fun roads too. It all stopped in june 06 when a friend of mine was killed 20mins up from the cafe. a road we had ridden 1000 times and no reason for the crash, the front wheel of his 55 plate milli factory slipped out on a steady left hander and that was that.
By the time i'd done the coronor thing and had many sleepless nites over it i have never bin back down there. may be this year. North Wales seems to have its own TERRORIEST force in white cars with blue lites everywhere so not bin that way for a while either.
Shame cuz its fab im Wales. mind you i do like a run to Skeg aswell, but not in feb or march really.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome Pony!

A fellow RS rider -Mine is the more common 'Tarantino' Red.

I'm way down South and sadly too far away to drop-in for tea, but a nice thought.

Hope you enjoy this Forum as much as I do.:spank:

Now you're a member - Your bike is bound to feature in any upcoming 'Zest Lemon' Ads.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a call from 'Dolmio' Pasta Sauces.

'Bennetts Insurance' know a good bike when they see one.... :p

Regards
Stephen R

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Welcome pony !! i have two of those things but they do nothing but eat grass and cost me a fortune at horse shows !!. I live on the edge of New Mills (high Peak)just down the road from yourself and blat that way a few times at horrendous speeds and thats only in my truck .......... scares the hell out of the tartan brigade when my chemical wagon is up the rear of their micra's :rolling: . I have the green/silver type of tre which is a great colour for hiding in field entrances from the rozzers !!. Welcome to the site.:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts