Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I'm new to the forum, but not as a benelli lover. It was always one of the brands that I liked the most because it has a great personality and a great history. For years I have owned a TNT1130 Café Racer that I have not been able to enjoy as it came into my hands to restore and I have not had time to get on it because of work.

I also have another bike that I have been using on a daily basis and for the odd trip, a 1999 Aprilia Pegaso.

Now I have some free time and I want to take advantage of it to restore the TNT.

If I can I will share the process in the forum.

Ráfagas

·
5,967 Posts
Welcome to the asylum
Always good to see a Benelli put back the way it should be.
Look forward to watching your progress

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome. What do you think of the Pegaso?
Thanks for the welcome.

When the Benelli came into my life it had rust inside the engine (it was getting hot and I opened it up to see what was going on). I guess the previous owner let it sit for a long time near the coast.

Regarding the Pegaso, it is an unfairly valued bike with some very interesting technical solutions. You have to appreciate it with its limitations, but I personally love it.

Everything has to be assessed according to the use you are going to give it: if you expect performance, it's not your bike; if you expect off-road behaviour, it's not your bike; if you expect maximum comfort on a long trip, it's not your bike... but if what you are looking for is a cheap bike, where it is still easy and cheap to get spare parts, that you can do the maintenance of the bike yourself, that is valid both to go to Morocco on unpaved tracks and to use it daily in a city, etc... I would say that it is the ideal bike.

It uses a Rotax engine and shares many parts with the BMW F650, which is one of the most used bikes for adventure travel, so its reliability is more than proven (it is almost the same bike, the BMW F650 was manufactured in Noale Italy by Aprilia for BMW).

It also has its negative aspects, and that is that it is somewhat delicate in its maintenance. The biggest problems you can have are with the carburettor adjustment and the cylinder head gasket, as the engine tends to overheat, especially in hot summers like we have in Spain when you ride in the city or go on complicated unpaved tracks where you have to go slower.

With these two things under control, it's a great bike.

Personally, I really like large displacement single-cylinder bikes. It's like they have more ruthlessness, they don't allow for riding mistakes. Adapting the riding style to this type of engine is something I find very entertaining about this bike.

Ráfagasss

1 - 4 of 4 Posts