Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody
I'm Holtie33s' Dad.
I've just bought myself a new Green/Silver 1130Tre-k from KJM.
Overall I am really impressed with it apart from it being undertyred.

One thing really puzzles me, Even though the price was a bit steep (£221.74 + 15%VAT) I had Amazonas Handguards fitted thinking that they would be much better than aftermarket ones.
I can't discern any difference to these at £20 Go figure!:doh: :
http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/568032/Off-Road/MX-plastics/Bike-It

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Welcome Holty. There's nothing like keeping it in the family............ think this a first on the Forum. Well done matey :bow:

·
keeft
70 Posts
Undertired? What do you mean by that? i have yet to find their limits (maybe Im a wimp) no -ve replies please

As for the handguards, Benelli buy in all the "add-on"from 3rd parties (wheels, suspension. brakes etc) so its not suprising you can find the same stuff minus all the markups!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Keith
By undertyred I meant that on my Tre-K, compared to my other bikes, it is very easy to overpower the rear tyre especially in the wet.

p.s.
I have never been known for my finess

·
Registered
332 Posts
standard tyres are duff

I'd agree that the easiest way to improve the bike would be to put better tyres on. My bike has done 2,500 miles, and the front is wearing unevenly - the leading and trailing edge of the big blocks are not the same - this happens with a lot of fronts. I've had slips on the front over wet drain covers that any other tyre would have coped with, and the rear feels odd leant over under a bit of power. I'm no hero, but the tyres have to go soon.

By the way, I wired up my exhaust flap like a good TNT owner should, and rode it for a while. On the motorway some time later I suddenly felt a small improvement in the performance. When I got home I saw that the wire had broken and the flap was operating as desired. Hmm.. Only way to know is to do a 'before and after' dyno run. If I get around to it I'll put the graphs up. Has anyone had one on a Dyno?

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi again Holty, are you sure that the price you paid for those hand guards is correct. I've got my last 3 bikes from KJM and I've never known them to rip me off. (yet)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Holty and welcolme. If the gaurds from ManP are the same as the ones from Benelli I will surprised and :mad: I've just paid £130 for the pair and they come in Kit form.

As for the tyres standard fitment are scary in the wet I have just fitted storms on mine not sure how they are yet as after 100 miles the bike has been at KJM for 7 weeks waiting for warranty repairs to the Starter motor, Alternator and oil pump..:bawl:

Been promised that she is coming home on friday/ saturday for a load of TLC before a blast on sunday

Live long and Prosper:ele:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
As for the tyres standard fitment are scary in the wet I have just fitted storms on mine not sure how they are yet as after 100 miles the bike has been at KJM for 7 weeks waiting for warranty repairs to the Starter motor, Alternator and oil pump..:bawl:
I've been given excellent reports of the Storms in all riding conditions, with good tyre life :)

p.s. good luck when you get it back

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hi Holty and welcolme. If the gaurds from ManP are the same as the ones from Benelli I will surprised and :mad: I've just paid £130 for the pair and they come in Kit form.

Been promised that she is coming home on friday/ saturday for a load of TLC before a blast on sunday

Live long and Prosper:ele:
welcome holty id go back and ? that price .I will now contradict everyone as i found the originals ok but i did ride hard which put plenty of heat into them the rear did not last long as for the front its just started to go nasty and handle crap its got a bit off tread but as said earlier they tend to miss shape i have the newer road smart on the rear no probs so far .The avon storms are great as a lot off my m8ts rate them .Next time for me though will be michaelin pilots 2 .Reason for this next choice is i have ridden a lot off bikes fitted with thease tires and they handle great and theve done the odd track day wet weather grip /confidence inspiring and wear/milage ,i think that overall we all tend to have a fav due to past experiences .the suns out know so just enjoy the ride its a great bike ( sos glen) as long as its not in waiting for warranty spares .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HI
In reply to Laurence:
I wasn't suggesting that KJM ripped me off or are in any way dishonest.
I can see how I may have given that impression, but I was referring to the 'Benelli' price.
Myself, friends and family have only good experience of the service at KJM.

By the way, have a really good look at the M&P Acerbis handguards compared to the Amazonas.

Is it true that Acerbis supply the Benelli plastics?

p.s.
How do you 'quote' a previous posting in your reply.
I'm pretty new to posting on forums.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I guess it's all to do with the 'elusiveness' of the brand Holty. Anything with Benelli stamped on it (metaphorically) fetches a premium price.........apart from the bikes themselves, which are remarkably good value IMHO.

Oh, and Acerbis do supply the Benelli plastics?

To use the 'quote' option, just copy the text that you want to quote then click on the little icon on the tool bar that looks like a speech bubble and paste in the text you copied earlier. Job done :clap:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To use the 'quote' option, just copy the text that you want to quote then click on the little icon on the tool bar that looks like a speech bubble and paste in the text you copied earlier. Job done

1 - 14 of 14 Posts