Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the high beam holder from the rear of the instrument cluster by removing the rear rubber boot and the high beam holder with bulb kinda fell out.

Now I am trying to reinstall but the bulb holder will not seat back in, the bulb just flops around inside the high beam section of the headlight cluster. any help on how to reinstall the would be most appreciated, i dont think the rubber boot holds it in place, does it?

thanks

·
5,899 Posts
There are 3 tabs on the back of the reflector which hold a stainless steel plate. The bulb fits onto that plate, & is held in place by the spring clip. These 3 tabs are quite weak, & mine had broken after 20,000km - just outside the warranty - damn it. Without them, the plate will flop around as you describe.

I fixed mine by drilling a hole through the base of the tab, that's left, using a 1.5mm Dremel burr. Some copper wire was then used to fix the plate in place.

Hope this helps.
Errol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, the back of my reflector does have three base tabs sticking out as you had mentioned but i do not see any tabs to secure the bulb holder in place so my guess is that they have broken off, one last question did you take the headlight lens off and if so how did you accomplish the removal, mine appears to have been glued to the housing, the bike is under warranty but unfortunately, but very few dealers to work on it here in the states (but i knew that when i bought it, so no complaint here.)

·
5,899 Posts
did you take the headlight lens off and if so how did you accomplish the removal, mine appears to have been glued to the housing ..
I didn't remove the lense itself, but the entire unit. A couple of screws underneath, & a couple on the sides. I think. I can't check it at the moment, I'm 20,000 km from it. Closer to ducboyjr than my nelli, at the moment. Visiting rellies near DC.

good luck
Errol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ducboyjr
i live in southern california near anaheim, i just learned that moto forza in escondido recently picked up the benelli line so may get some help there

engina
ok again thanks for the help, i will set aside a saturday to take it apart if moto forza will not be of any assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts