Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone has tried to locate a higher screen for their Tre-k

if where do you get them from:confused:

·
3,085 Posts
yep

Eagle screens here in Perth western australia are keen to make them, however they need one to sacrifice to make the mould, so if you can get enough interested parties to buy a screen they will make them up, they just made a bunch of different ones for us in the Tornado section.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have you seen the windscreen that now comes as original equipment on the '08's? It's quite different from the '07's. Taller, wider, has a lip and an overall better qaulity piece.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an 08 model so would be interested in seeing an earlier model to see the difference

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Glen,

Here are a couple of pics that I took at the TRE-K launch in Misano in 2006:-

Be interested to see what the new screen looks like.

and here is one taken at the Milan show in November last year which looks pretty much the same to me :confused:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very confused

very very :confused: does any one out there a have a photo of the 08 model TREK. I thought that mine was one but I am now concerned. I have just taken a look at the benelli web site. that shows no changes to the screen:confused:
Even the 06 has the same screen so come on paulee get some photo's and lets see the difference

·
Registered
34 Posts
'08 windscreen

Sorry for the delay getting back. I'm afraid I don't have photos right now, I'm away from the shop. The windscreen change (and the mirrors too) are likely a running change. So, it's possible that some early '08's still have the original style windshield and mirrors. In the U.S. the '08's were delivered much later in the year (April/May) and apparently we have gotten the newer style. Quite honestly, when I first saw an '07 I was OK with the shape, but a bit disappointed in the windscreen quality (rough finish). The '08 style quality is waaaay better and the added protection and style looks great.

The '08 mirrors have a slightly more rounded shape to the mirror and the turn signal portion as well. Again, in my opinion, the early style looked good, until you see the new ones.

So far, no part number changes have been made so if you want to order '08 style parts you will need to be very specific with your dealer and they in turn will need to be very specific with Benelli.

I'll look for a photo to post ASAP. If no file photos show it, I'll post w/ photos again on Tuesday when back at the shop.

Pauleee

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:confused: Paulee I guess you are over in the states. If so I also Guess that that the Tre-k you are seeing ight be US spec bike. I have trawled the web and can find no changes to trek any where. but please let us see the changes if you can. email me [email protected]

·
Registered
34 Posts
windscreen and mirrors

Sorry to be such a slow-poke. I took photo's of both '07 and '08 today but had difficulty dowloading (I'm a bit techno challenged). Will post photos tomorrow.

Pauleee

·
Registered
34 Posts
windscreens and mirrors

Here goes. Glad I don't ave to make a living as a photographer or IT guy.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm320/pauleee12/benelli1/000_0860

[IMG]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm320/pauleee12/benelli1/000_0861.jpg.jpg[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Many thanks for the piccies Pauleee.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I take it that the Silver bike has the original Screen and the Yellow bike has the newer screen?

Also the hand held mirror/indicator is the newer one?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm wonder if I can take the dealer to task :beat:
I got told mine was an 08 model Now I'm :mad:

I like the looks of the higher screen wonder if it makes much difference and can they be bought as an after market option

How do we find out???

Laurence your the Oracle around hear:bow: :bow:

Do your stuff:D :D

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Hmm wonder if I can take the dealer to task
I got told mine was an 08 model Now I'm :mad:
Your vin Number will give you the year of the bike. If it is an 07 you might be able to take them to task as it has depreciated a year.

Paul

·
Registered
34 Posts
Laurence you are correct in that the silverTre K is an '07 and yellow Amazonas is an '08.

Now, now let's all remain calm. It is highly unlikely that your dealer misrepresented your bike as an '08 but as Paul Smith reports, you can check the vin# to be sure. As noted in my earlier post, it is likely a running change that occurred recently (we do want improvements... don't we?) and not some evil plot. I will do my best to chase down the new part number and post.

·
keeft
70 Posts
So maybe the 08 Amazonas has a more GS1200 like touring screen, which would make sense given its market focus. The std TreK screen, even on the highest setting, is not much better than the best sports bike screen. Anyone know if the 08 std TreK has the new Amazonas style screen?

God knows how much the Amazonas screen costs as a replacement part, or how long it would take to get to the US from Pesaro :rolling: :rolling:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Paulee have you put any cafe racers and tornados on the Streets of LA

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Laurence your the Oracle around hear:bow: :bow:
The original part number for the screen was R3100960000CB and the new number, which I guess must refer to the updated screen, is R310000185000.

The price from an official Benelli Dealer should be around the £100 mark, which compared to the price of a screen for the TRE is not bad :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts