Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out the workshop manual that came with my bike and in the technical characteristics section on page 17, it shows the horsepower at 100kW, then there is the odd statement: reduced for foeign countries to 72kW. This begs the questions:
-What foeign countires get this power level?
-How do they do this reduction? Software? Cams?

Anybody have any expeience with this?

Thanks

·
224 Posts
Some countries like France for example have restrictions on motorvehices such as motorcycles,in the interest of "public safety". France for example restricts all motorcycles to roughly 100HP, bikes there are usually restricted via intake, exhaust and/or ECU mappings to keep the bike to this level. It is common practice to simply "de-restrict" these bikes once they are bought.

Its similar to the EPA restrictions that are on DOT approved bikes here in the USA. In many states here, you can get away with modifying the bike once you get it home.

Most restricted bikes can be derestricted without to much trouble. Examples would be removing restrictors from the intake and/or exhaust, and unplugging, cutting govenor wiring, and/or remapping the ECU.

Some manufactures may use other means to restrict (like lower compression and softer cams) but I am not aware of this as a common practice.

:)

Happy New Year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts