Benelli Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hello, I know I'm dragging up an old thread but I'm keen on talking with other Imperiale owners about their experiences with said machine. I purchased my Imperiale around two months ago and I have just clocked up a thousand miles on it. I've owned mainly Japanese bikes over the years but I did have a Triumph for two years and to be honest I wasn't that impressed with it. I put the fact that there are very few references to the Imperiale on this forum due to it being quite a new model of bike so therefore not having a high ownership as of yet, but I feel the Imperiale is very much a 'niche' motorcycle also. How did you find out that your Imperiale was built in India? I was under the assumption that all new Benelli's were now put together in China. I have no issue with where my bike was built as long as it was put together well, after all most Triumph's are now built in Thailand!

I think that my Imperiale is a great little machine, fun to ride and cheap to run, which in my opinion is the essence of motorcycling. There are a few 'niggles' that I have found during my ownership, these are the speedo not reading the correct speed, erratic idle after you turn the bike off then start it again after a few minutes whilst the engine is still warm and the ABS light seems to only light up when it feels like it on start up's. None of these 'issues' affect the performance of the bike though.

Anyway as I said previously I would be interested in hearing the thoughts of other Imperiale owners.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi I think we should have a section for all the newer Benelli’s, I know the purist are against this believing the Chinese built bikes are inferior. The European made ones were not exactly reliable either , I think people have short memories! All the new Benelli’s that I have rode have been great and feel like and are styled like European bikes.
For any forum to grow it needs new members and place for their bikes.

·
Registered
2021 Benelli Imperiale with cheese
17 Posts
For any forum to grow it needs new members and place for their bikes.
I'm in complete agreement. I've never owned an Italian built bike due to their reliability issues and the cost of buying one in the first place. The only way I could afford to buy a new motorcycle this time round was because of the affordability of newer Benelli's and I would imagine there are many out there who are in a similar position to me especially younger riders getting into motorcycling. My brother has always been a Ducati nut and at the moment he owns a 1998 Ducati 900SS, I say he own's one as apposed to ride's one because the bike always seems to be off the road with some sort of problem. The Chinese have come along way with their manufacturing of motorcycles and cars for that matter and only time will tell whether the new Benelli's will stand up compared to the big Japanese manufacturers.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think a later model section is a great idea. A friend of mine has just bought a trk and he loves it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts