Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just wondering how long the standard fitment battery is guaranteed for. just went to start the trek really turned over slowly not enough to fire her up yes its on an optumate as well which showed full charge .i`m discharging it and going to try a recharge to see whats up but if its shagged i will claim for a new one if its guaranteed .on the subject of batteries does anyone know of a higher powered one that will fit the trek .thanx

·
Registered
52 Posts
Take a look at this one:

VARTA YT12B-BS

Good results from german TNT and Tornado drivers.

Greetings

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
The standard battery warranty would end with the bike warranty but as Tostan said, toss the old battery out and replace with a Varta. They give a three year warranty on all batteries bought from a Varta supplier.

Regards,
Dave

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Go for a 14ah Battery spec as below

The Yuasa battery is reliable this is the spec for the TNT

Battery Family: YTZ Factory Activated, Maintenance Free
Battery Type: YTZ14S

Voltage: 12
Capacity: 11.2
Dimensions: 6" x 3 7/16" x 4 3/8"
Weight: 8.6 lbs.
Metric Dimensions: 150mm x 87mm x 110mm
Metric Weight: 3.9 kg
Polarity:
Acid Volume: N/A
Amps: 1.1
C.C.A.: 230

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx all yes tossed the battery got a new one on order will be picking up tomorrow . oh and the dealer said that the batteries they sell were only guaranteed for 6 mths max .so ive gone back to my old dealer who was half the price and had a 24 mth warranty .so hopefully i will get on the trek friday for my 1st ride well since xmas due to injury cant wait .

·
Registered
403 Posts
battery warranty

hi all just wondering how long the standard fitment battery is guaranteed for. just went to start the trek really turned over slowly not enough to fire her up yes its on an optumate as well which showed full charge .i`m discharging it and going to try a recharge to see whats up but if its shagged i will claim for a new one if its guaranteed .on the subject of batteries does anyone know of a higher powered one that will fit the trek .thanx
just to let you know, I had a battery go bad, as it was sitting on the floor for over 18 months, the dealer said that batterys were like tyres and brake pads, a consumable item, and hence too bad so sad. repalce it yourself

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is no battery on the market with a capacity of 14 Ah which fits for the Nellis.
The Yuasa YTZ14S has only a capacity of 11,2 Ah.
There is no battery on the market with a higher capacity.
Varta and Yuasa are the most selled aftermarket solutions, both with good experiences from german drivers. I would prefer the Varta, but it's your choice.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in theory the alternator should cope with all the xtras on my trek eg higher wattage lights heated grips when needed sat nav intercom etc i had all off this on the buell no probs .the battery going in is 11.2 ah so hopefully it will make a small differance over the oe battery . if a lager 1 was available i would have got it just for the extra starting boost ,i am also going to put another light switch in so i can turn them off on start up .

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I've used Varta batteries, and have found them cheaper from the Varta supplier then others from bike dealers etc.

I would take battery warranties with a pinch of salt, if you allow it to stand in a discharged form the warranty *will not* cover it if the plates are sulphated.

Definitely get an Optimate or similar and keep it plugged in when not in use.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi all fitted new battery and hey presto she fires up like a gooden battery has 11.5 amp compared to the 10amp that was fitted ,the only strange thing is that now it must have the clutch pulled in or it wont start it behaved like this once before can anyone shed any light on this ?????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts