Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Benellisti,

I am trying to ascertain how many Tre 900's are in actual existence.

I initially wanted to buy an LE in early 2003, but due to other commitments at the time, I had to settle on a standard Tre 900. Now if all the marketing was correct there were 150 LE's made.

Given the fact that there weren't many Tre 900's before the RS was brought in and later the 1130's, how many original Tre 900's do you think are in circulation and in private ownership around the World?

I am thinking less than possibly a 150 certainly 200..?????

Any ideas, are there fewer 900 tre's than LE's?

Regards
Tax

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi,

as far as I know, these are the produced numbers of Tornados:

All Tornados including the new ones : 2327 pcs.

RS red 363 pcs.
RS yellow 45 pcs.
Tre 900 red 409 pcs.
Tre 900 green/silver 925 pcs.
Tre 900 black/silver 205 pcs.

----------------------------
Tonado 1130 197 pcs (info from 14.10.08 )

Regards
Dirk

·
3,085 Posts
yes,

but that really shouldnt be put up on the forum as it was revealed to me in confidence.
So Tax, and Dirk, after he's (Tax) read it please edit you post and remove the numbers, i prefer to keep the factory onside.:eek:
Or Roland, please remove the numbers

·
Registered
319 Posts
These numbers were not taken from you but from a german forum and they are public there.

I am not sure if you are serious with your wish to delete it.

Sorry... maybe my english isn´t good enough to get your humour or seriousness

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
Benelli numbers

Can't see the problem....every other manufacturer seems to push exclusivity as a selling point !!:confused:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Can't see the problem....every other manufacturer seems to push exclusivity as a selling point !!:confused:
The problem is the numbers were given to Nathan in confidence, and he was not suppossed to release them.

But if the numbers are posted on a German site and did not come from Nathan than no foul.

·
3,085 Posts
Hey :)

if they didnt come from me dirk then alls good :), Of course I'm not angry at you mate :).
Which german site did they come from?

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys!

That was very informative.

So the million dollar question is where are these bikes.

How many members do we have on the Tre forum.

If the figure is correct, why don't we hear from more original owners:(

Are the lads in Europe and the UK running into these Tornados?

·
Registered
319 Posts
@aussieRS: the german site is www.italobikes.de You can find the thread in the Benelli section. Link for the thread is: post of "duce"

@tax tre: You are right. I also try to find some Tornado riders around. But this bike is/was not so popular in germany. Much less popular as in the UK, I guess. In the italobike.de-forum, we count approx. 30 Tornado riders all around germany, considering that not all german Tornado-riders are registered in that forum.

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@tax tre: You are right. I also try to find some Tornado riders around. But this bike is/was not so popular in germany. Much less popular as in the UK, I guess. In the italobike.de-forum, we count approx. 30 Tornado riders all around germany, considering that not all german Tornado-riders are registered in that forum.
So what is the probability of 2327 PCS being true?

The biggest market was Germany and UK. Handful in Netherlands, about 7 in Australia. Less than 10 in the US.

·
3,085 Posts
tornado in Oz

icluding 2 LE's, 8 RS's, 40 Tre's in silver, red and G/S and a few (not sure how many, probably between 5-10 ) 1130 Tornado's.

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
icluding 2 LE's, 8 RS's, 40 Tre's in silver, red and G/S and a few (not sure how many, probably between 5-10 ) 1130 Tornado's.

ARS,

in Oz?

I was led to believe that there were 2 LE's and a combo of approx 7-8 900's and RS's period.

later on there were TnT's, cafe racers and the 1130.

We should organise an aussie meet for all benelli's.

have you got contact details?

also what happened to your newsletter?

Did I need to subscribe?

Regards
Tax

·
3,085 Posts
no newsletter

didnt have the time to do it, just did the magazine, although i would like to do another in the future I'm flat out finishing off my 3 part time degree's, finish mid 09, 7 long years of uni will finally by over, try that with a fullt time job and child :).
AMI brung in about 40 900 tornado's and 40 tnts in total, (standard cr and sport, all 1130's)
then you have what SCPS brung in, probably about another 80 to 100 Benellis in total. tnt's of both 1130's 899, and some Tre-K's. I think they only brung in about 5-10 1130 tornados, they didnt bring in any 900 tornados.
so theres probably around 180 to 200 Benelli's tops in Australia, of which maybe 40 odd and still in shops i would guess from looking at bikesales and bikepoint etc.

·
3,085 Posts
allen smith

they guy i bought mine off bought all the tornado's off AMI when they went under (their remaining stock), he had about 12-14 tornado in that stock total, all red or silver & black, and 2 RS's of the 8 that came into Oz, theres a few 900 advertised at the moment, so 40 quickly adds up. He has that bike museum in QLD, he sold the last 900 off brand new for about $12K.
at that price i still could'nt convince anyone else in West Oz to buy one... their loss.
:doh:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Guys,
Now we know all about the TREs in Aus, makes me wonder how many are in the UK, it all appears to be out in the open now.
So i guess if nobody minds it would be interesting to know, people always ask how rare they are when your out and about, would be kinda good to be roughly accurate with an answer,
happy riding to all, Steve.

·
3,085 Posts
well

i suspect the UK became a dumping ground for a lot ot 900's ,maybe unsold stock from europe went back to the factory and had UK compliance fitted fitted. What exactly is a (54 plate) or whatever you guys call it?

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Its the registration system in the UK where a new vehicle is first registered for road useage and is given an age related number plate on or after september 1st 2004 and up to the 1st March 2005 which then becomes an 05

·
1,841 Posts
A 54 plate is just the part of the registration number that tells you the time it was registered. 54 means september 2004 until march 2005. a 04 would be reg between march 2004 and sept 2004. Kjm or associate co bought loads of 900s that they are still selling.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Hi,

as far as I know, these are the produced numbers of Tornados:

All Tornados including the new ones : 2327 pcs.

RS red 363 pcs.
RS yellow 45 pcs.
Tre 900 red 409 pcs.
Tre 900 green/silver 925 pcs.
Tre 900 black/silver 205 pcs.

----------------------------
Tonado 1130 197 pcs (info from 14.10.08 )

Regards
Dirk
Wow, Looks like I did something right buying a standard one in Black silver - they are right rare!

As a total aside; Dirk, where did you get your bike from? I used to get mine serviced/fixed at Motorrad Lust in Cologne, bloody good bunch of guys there that sorted out what was a weapon of a Nelli I purchased from Three Cross and turned it into a machine that worked as it was intended to do!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts